Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I forget the name. It's in the manual, they are "lock nuts". You would use the wrench (also in the box?) to fasten these to the end of the channels to make it harder for somebody to swipe the cleats or other bed trays etc..etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
geece1 said:
I forget the name. It's in the manual, they are "lock nuts". You would use the wrench (also in the box?) to fasten these to the end of the channels to make it harder for somebody to swipe the cleats or other bed trays etc..etc.

thank you so much for the quick reply. it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They are called "channel end stoppers" discussed on page 9-17. :computern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, i got 4 screws in the package. i have no idea of what these are for because i do not have a manual and the package did not come with a manual.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually would still recommend taking the tie-down cleats off when not in use. The stoppers do not prevent people from stealing them which has happened to some people according to some of the posts I read awhile back.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't read instructions. :teethmast

But by not doing so at first, I normally find out how not to do something. :crying:

·
Registered
196 Posts
pistonpete said:
I actually would still recommend taking the tie-down cleats off when not in use. The stoppers do not prevent people from stealing them which has happened to some people according to some of the posts I read awhile back.
Thats what i was thinking too. It says they are for keeping things on the track from sliding around or off the track? Gimme a break.
I don't find much use for them personally, b/c when i use the tie-down cleats and happen to leave them on the tracks for a few days, they are tight enough where they won't slide off the track!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts