Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 741 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I only carry the two large caliber guns God blessed me with inside the sleeves of my shirt! In California, packing heat, at least in the bay area is a no, no! Even though it sometimes feels like every thug and wannabe are packing, the average Joe like myself who obeys the laws relies on good old fashion smarts and common sense! I wish I could carry though! P.S. Nice guns!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww man that sux...In Louisiana it's legal to have a gun in your vehicle. They consider it an extension of your home/property. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it...They have some crazy folks out there these days!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Violence breeds violence.....I'll confront any problems in a mature, understanding and diplomatic way. My humatarian stance will go a long way with undesirerables I'm sure. They will realize that we are all people amongst the hardships of society and therefor convert their evil ways....hence, becomming my lifelong friend. If that fails, a simple S&W .38 revolver will hopefully allow them to learn right from wrong.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
I carry a 8" ASP expanding baton. I figure if I need to use it, you will be close enough that any weapon you have in your hands will be useless.

It is amazing how just snapping it open to it's full 18 inches makes people stop and think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
rrumaner said:
I carry a 8" ASP expanding baton. I figure if I need to use it, you will be close enough that any weapon you have in your hands will be useless.

It is amazing how just snapping it open to it's full 18 inches makes people stop and think.
Yeah I took a training course with batons, instrustor did a demo, and wow I would not like to be on the recieveing end of that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
DESERTDOG said:
big *** bat!!
No offence, but a bat will just get you killed. If someone comes at me with a bat, it is considered a leathel weapon here in Florida. God, I hope that day never comes. I would hate to live the rest of my life thinking of all the ways that it all could have been avoided, but things just happend to fast to use the best judgement. Hinside is 20/20
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Don't own a gun, have not plans to purchased a gun. And if I did I certainly would'nt carry one in my truck.

Are you compensating for something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
archer75 said:
Don't own a gun, have not plans to purchased a gun. And if I did I certainly would'nt carry one in my truck.

Are you compensating for something?
How about on you? Would you carry one on you? Dont get me wrong but, seeing that you are from Oregon, it doesnt suprise me the way you feel!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
If you live in an area where you can't feel safe unless you're carrying weapons, MOVE!
There is no place on this planet I could move to where I would feel safe without a firearm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
How about on you? Would you carry one on you? Dont get me wrong but, seeing that you are from Oregon, it doesnt suprise me the way you feel!
I have no need to carry one on me. If I lived in a place that was that unsafe I would move.
If someone breaks in my house and i'm here, well, I have swords for that. ;)

It has nothing to do with me being from Oregon. I hate hippes and all those damn liberals here.

I just can't see having one in my house for protection, then having it locked up so my daughter does'nt get her hands on it. And then when someone does break in asking them to hold on a moment while I unlock the gun safe, load it and then shoot them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a chance "anywhere" a time could come when a gun could save your life or your family! Better off prepared for any occasion!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
archer75 said:
I have no need to carry one on me. If I lived in a place that was that unsafe I would move.
If someone breaks in my house and i'm here, well, I have swords for that. ;)

It has nothing to do with me being from Oregon. I hate hippes and all those damn liberals here.

I just can't see having one in my house for protection, then having it locked up so my daughter does'nt get her hands on it. And then when someone does break in asking them to hold on a moment while I unlock the gun safe, load it and then shoot them.
Swords?????:huh: I am glad you didnt take the Oregon comment bad it wasnt intended to be. But you did have me sacred for a little bit. As far as having fast acsess to your handgun I got one of these by my bed. Great product for those nights when you hear things go bump in the night.
http://www.gunvault.com/products/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
markislive78 said:
There is a chance "anywhere" a time could come when a gun could save your life or your family! Better off prepared for any occasion!
It seems there is a better chance that the gun you own is involved in an accident in your home or turned against you than to actually be used to save your life.

But the area I live in is safe so i'm really not concerned. There has never been a moment in my life where I wished I had a gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
I have 3 childern and they are all very educated about handguns. My daughter can break down and clean my handgun. (Of course after I check and double check the barrel for rounds.) And no Im not the militant type teaching my kids that the end times are near! Just very good education like our forfathers intended.
 
1 - 20 of 741 Posts
Top