Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say, although my Titan is a little like the USS Valdez, if I were buying a new truck today it would be another Titan for sure.

As the title says – if you have had oil leaks that needed to be fixed please let me know what they were, did you dealer cover it under warranty, has the leak stopped or has it come back?

Here are the things on my truck, description of model in sig, that have leaked, and I'm concerned the list will grow.
- rear pinion seal, seal itself was damaged, truck new
- tranny and transfer case, not bolted together tight enough, took dealer forever to solve, truck new
- front pinion seal, seal itself was damaged, at about 20,000 miles
- tranny cooling lines, at about 30,000 miles

I’m starting to get concerned as my Titan now has 31,000 miles and I really don’t want to pay for extended warranty, and at this point my poor driveway just can’t handle any more leaks!!!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
rear axle seals - both replaced under warranty - rear axle hose vent mod by me
front diff side seal (from C-clip axle shaft pulling out) - front diff replaced under warranty
tranny cooler lines - replaced under warranty
power steering line - replaced under warranty
A/C condensate drain leak (fixed by me)
2 OEM Rancho shocks blown at 18,000 miles (replaced by me)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Waiting for a new transfer case now.
Holy crap! Were the bolt holes damaged due to over torquing or did the casting crack or what? Replacing the whole transfer case is big time!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bestatchess said:
rear axle seals - both replaced under warranty - rear axle hose vent mod by me
front diff side seal (from C-clip axle shaft pulling out) - front diff replaced under warranty
tranny cooler lines - replaced under warranty
power steering line - replaced under warranty
A/C condensate drain leak (fixed by me)
2 OEM Rancho shocks blown at 18,000 miles (replaced by me)
Thanks for list, sorry for your leaks!

I dropped mine off at the dealer today, handed the guy the keys and said here ya go, here are the keys to the USS Valez, may I suggest parking it on cardboard? :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just got back from getting my oil changed, and I was in formed that my front diff seal is leaking so I called the dealer and they said to bring it in asap. My rear diff leaked and whined and so the dealer replaced it im wondering if the fron diff is next to go out on me. During last winter the two times I had the 4x4 on it was really making a loud noise but when I turned it off it was fine. lets see what the dealer has to say ,thank God its under warranty or this truck would be gone by now!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My car leaks oil from the valve cover gasket but the only moisture from the truck is condensation drip from the A/C.

Andrew

·
Registered
834 Posts
No leaks at this time. Only 1400 miles right now, and getting nervous from all of these posts!

·
Registered
602 Posts
i have an 05 i bought 6months ago i at 52k the front pinion seal went out replaced under warranty. dont know about anything before i got it. but was kinda concerned about that happening so soon after getting it

front pinion seal @ 52k

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn, got the truck back last night. New front pinion seal replaced now that the part came in, and gee, guess what, a new leak to add to my list...

power steering lines

Of course the funky lines are designed in such a way you can't just add a little stainless raidiator clamp, so a new part(s) had to be ordered and I got possesion of the USS Valdez once again.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
OK - 14,646 miles on 2005 CC - Leaks as follows

Rear shocks - replaced with Billsteins from PRG
Front coil overs - replaced with DR's
DR's leaked - replaced by DR under warranty
new set squeeks but does not leak.
Trans lines - warranty by dealer
Power stearing line - warranty by dealer
Transfer case leak - at dealer now as I post being fixed today - I will let you know how this works out.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey royr thanks, as I have twice the mileage as you I think I need to go inspect my shocks really well, I appreciate the head's up.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I lost the oil out of the right rear shock at 4800 miles, and the left front strut shortly after. It started bouncing around and giving my tires cupping wear. Just my experience - I am glad it helped you.:)

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Tranny cooling line at 48K and rear axle seal at 50K....That`s it so far, but i will keep an eye on things from here on....They were all fixed under warranty...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rancho shock on Rt RR at apx 18000.Dealer said the fluid was from the then factory exhaust weep hole for draining condensation (at the top of the bend to clear the axle!) but replaced under warr. Also trans case bolt nearly fell out apx 37,700 miles fixed by self

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had a tranny cooling line split at about 5,000 miles, pushing 25,000 and nothing else leaks yet

·
Registered
834 Posts
Up to 2,855 miles - still no leaks. I was really nervous about my new purchase when I first read this thread, but I found another thread where guys post that they have had virtually NO issues with their Titans - and I feel better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
21,484 miles no leaks---no problems

1 - 20 of 53 Posts