Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my very first post and I hope its not my last. I'm looking to buy a 08Titan LE Crew Cab in about a few days to a week or so. I can't wait. I have been a member of this awesome Titan forum for about 8 months or so. Just trying to learn all I can about this truck. Well now its time to buy. The Listed MSRP with the options I want comes to around 39,500 or something like that. What price should I buy for? I'm not sure how much lead way I have. Thanks a bunch for your answers. In case you need to know, I live on the east coast in Delaware. Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go to Edmunds.com and build your nissan and it will give you the invoice price. If you make any effort, you can buy the truck you want for invoice minus the current rebate. I ordered a 08 LE CC with an msrp of right below 39k and I will be paying invoice (34,912 if I rem correctly) minus the current rebate when the truck arrives, right now the 08 rebate on a CC is 1250.

If you send me a private message or post in here the exact truck with all the options I can get you the invoice price if you are not sure how to find it.

You will LOVE the Titan!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CFA24 for the reply. I will check out Edmunds.com right now and see what I can find. If I have any questions, I will PM you. Thanks a bunch. I can't wait to get this truck in my garage. :futwice:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Forget the garage. You should be looking forward to getting it on the road. The garage is only for when you are sleeping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cfa24,

Just sent you a private message.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Bought A Brand New Se With Every Option That Listed For 37,400-my Wife Knows The Owner Of The Dealership So I Payed 26,700-good Luck

·
Registered
143 Posts
MONKEYBONES said:
I Bought A Brand New Se With Every Option That Listed For 37,400-my Wife Knows The Owner Of The Dealership So I Payed 26,700-good Luck

This was obviously an 07 and not an 08. You get a 5k rebate under invoice on the 07. Plus since you know the guy they could give you some of their dealer holdback and floorspace %'s off as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Start your negotiations at 5% below the Edmunds.com invoice price for the truck configured the way you want it, minus the $1250 manufacturer incentive (which I estimate would be somewhere around $33K). Be firm and tell them you know people on the internet who are buying their Titans for close to this price. You have to be willing to say no and walk out the door if you eventually want to get the best price on the vehicle you desire.

You still may need to go up from there to get exactly what you want but don't pay more than the invoice minus $1250 (which would be somewhere around $34.5K).

Those prices would be before tax, license, and documentation fee. Do watch out for them to try sticking you with a huge doc fee. After we agreed on a vehicle price, my dealer tried to charge me $600 for docs and I hit the roof. I said I'd pay $200 or no deal. They grumbled a little but knocked the $400 off without too much resistance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks guys for all your help/suggestions. I'm planning to hit the dealership on the 31st(Tuesday) and see what I can do. Looking forward to being a Titan ower soon. :futwice:

·
Registered
143 Posts
You will not buy a 2008 for 5% below invoice plus the rebates. Do not even waste your trying. From what I have been told their dealer holdback and floorspace allowance is only 2-3%. These dealerships would be losing 1k plus on that deal plus they have to pay the salesman for selling it on top of that. That is just crazy talk. I have never heard of anyone buying a vehicle that is only 1-2 months old for under invoice. A lot of dealerships (not just Nissan) will not even sell a newer vehicle for invoice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
cfa24 said:
A lot of dealerships (not just Nissan) will not even sell a newer vehicle for invoice.
Agreed, I have tried a few times and end up getting the older year model with the nice rebates (hence I drive an 07 Titan). If a person can get an 08 at dealer invoice before rebates count yourself fortunate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Regarding deals on '08s:

I hear what you are saying and normally would be recommending to negotiate for a few hundred over invoice (bought our '05 Odyssey for $500 over in '04). What's different is that auto and home sales are the part of the US economy that is doing very very poorly right now, because of higher interest rates. It costs more to borrow money now and so people aren't buying these items like they were even last year.

Therefore it is a buyer's market for vehicles. The dealers I visited in this part of the country were bending over backwards to try making deals for under invoice on new or old models. They were doing this by using the manufacturers' "friends and family" purchase programs in ways I'm sure they weren't intended to be used.

Suffice to say that where I live it's a good time to be shopping for a new vehicle if you can swing the interest payments...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts