Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only psi reading I can get on the sidewall is for 80psi and seeing as how my tire gauge doesn't even go that high I figured it had to be a mistake. 295-70/18

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
run them at around 40. I run my at2's at 35 or so. Its personal preference, and judging how they are wearing though. 80psi is for if you're running them on a 3/4 or 1 ton and pulling a heavy load.

I believe there is a "chalk" test. you take a chalk and draw a line straight across the tire, drive forward and if the chalk is on the sides but not the middle, you're too full of air, something like that. idk lol

·
Super Moderator
161,488 Posts
Try them at the pressure mentioned above. Don't try them at 80 psi unless you want to knock your teeth loose. FWIW, I run my E rated tires at about 38 psi. Rarely more than that.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok sounds good thanks guys

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
How you like those BTW? I need new tires in the next month, might go with ko2's in your size if they have the size for the new ones.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love them. Road noise isn't unbearable, great in any terrain I've put them in, look awesome.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I run my E rated tires to where when they're hot they're at 42-43 psi (39-40 psi cold). That's seemed to give me the best feel for the road without being sluggish or overly bumpy. honda's tip of drawing chalk across the tread will let you know the wear pattern: no chalk in the middle is wearing in the middle, too much air. No chalk on the sides too little.

I lower/raise the pressure depending on the material I'm driving on if it's off road.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm running LT275/70R18 BFG TA KOs (1st gen) on my T for the last 10k. They're E load range tires, as most in the LT in that size are. I noticed last night my fronts are a little low due to the temp drops here recently, but I've had great performance out of mine setting the fronts at 42 cold, and the rears at 35 cold. Everybody said my TPMS would flip out but so far, I'm still getting readings on all four tires, and no warning lights or anything. I'm also getting even wear both in the front and back, which is how I got to the different pressures. We just don't have much weight on the rear, compared to the front. I'm in a 2011 CC so I should theoretically have the most even weight distribution, but its still biased forward quite a bit.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I run my tears about 5psi lower also. Helps keep the back end from bouncing a **** ton.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I need to try that. Should help with grip as well.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I run E rated tires as well. I stay at 38 cold in the summer and go up to 40 in the winter so my TPMS doesn't go off on extra cold mornings.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I swear by BFGs, ever since my first Nissan back in 01. Always had BFGs, ran them at 35 year round, no trouble. This 2015 Titan came with Continental ContiTrac and I'm unimpressed. I have no confidence in them. I'm slipping on wet roads, what will it be like when the snow comes down? I dread winter, and can't afford $1000 to replace them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts