Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
What year and model? Any mods yet? 2 wheel or 4x4? Need some info before we can tell you how to spend your money.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
I can send u my paypal info that way ur 1200 could buy my tires to go with my lift

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Premium Member
77,854 Posts
I can send u my paypal info that way ur 1200 could buy my tires to go with my lift

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app
:werd: I was going to say that, too. He can donate it to me as a tax write-off.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
2X for header's & Up/Rev!!! :)

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
104 Posts
Banks Monster Exhaust + Banks CAI + Bullydog GT = $1,200 and + 30 hp

Actually, the Banks created + 20 and I haven't measured the gains from the BDGT, but I'm guessing +10.

Very pleased with the results so far and the BDGT is a great tool for understanding how our engine is running, let alone the tunes.

If you're looking for performance, this is a pretty good HP/$ ratio.

Easy installation on all 3.

Going back to dyno the BDGT this week, so I'll have all the facts soon.

See my sig for the gains from the Banks.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you won't gain 20 hp from a Banks exhaust. Or even from a better performing exhaust (JBA or the like). Stock 04-06 Titans will dyno around 260-270 WHP, and I dynoed 276 with intake, exhaust, no cats and 2007 Titan intake manifold. Of course, he already has intake and exhaust though. For power, headers and Uprev will give a very noticeable power gain. Or if for looks, get that 6" lift and run little sports cars over=)

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Train horn

Reactions: O-FiveCC

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you won't gain 20 hp from a Banks exhaust. Or even from a better performing exhaust (JBA or the like). Stock 04-06 Titans will dyno around 260-270 WHP, and I dynoed 276 with intake, exhaust, no cats and 2007 Titan intake manifold. Of course, he already has intake and exhaust though. For power, headers and Uprev will give a very noticeable power gain. Or if for looks, get that 6" lift and run little sports cars over=)
Ummm...

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I see your dyno graph. But seriously, dyno's are a tool, and if you think you gained 20 WHP with just an exhaust, then, well....I won't go there. Plus, what kind of dyno was that? A 314whp Titan is close to what header/tune Titans dyno, so I find it hard to trust that dyno putting you at 314 with only intake and exhaust....but what do I know

·
Registered
104 Posts
I see your dyno graph. But seriously, dyno's are a tool, and if you think you gained 20 WHP with just an exhaust, then, well....I won't go there. Plus, what kind of dyno was that? A 314whp Titan is close to what header/tune Titans dyno, so I find it hard to trust that dyno putting you at 314 with only intake and exhaust....but what do I know
Not a lot of thinking in the process:

Went to the shop, one hour cooldown, base line runs are then taken.

Monster Exhaust & Banks CAI are then installed. I then drive the truck for 20 minutes and about a 30 minute cooldown to get re-rigged on dy no

Second pull is done within 90 minutes of first, air temp rose about 5* humidity went down a bit.

Explain to me how the dyno data is invalid? This is as about controlled as it can get.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Your right, I don't know what I was thinking, 20 to the wheels is totally the norm for a middle of the pack performance exhaust. Personally, I don;t even think people would gain 20 HP with an exhaust even after a header install. Really, your not ever going to gain a butt load of power with a cat back leaving the OEM exhaust manifolds and cats in place. 20 HP is a very noticeable difference in driving power IMO. I just don't wont people to think that bolting on an exhaust will make a huge difference in power. Be lucky to get 20 to the wheels with a header install, and probably wouldn't even peak more then 10 hp with a tune. Of course, the tune really helps you under the curve all through the RPM's. Plus peak HP is not what really matters, its all that crap under the curve that will really wake a vehicle up. Our argument is moot for this thread though, he already has those mods

1 - 20 of 55 Posts