Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 XE and I really dont like the front being a different color from the rest of the truck. I am contemplating doing the SE swap or having it painted to color match the rest. Dont know what to do and was hoping you guys had some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
800 Posts
if i were in your situation i probably would paint to match. WTF were they thinking when they did that.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
^I'm with the paint to match. Don't like the "chromed wrapped" or the unpainted front ends. Plus you have to add some additional support braces for the three piece upgraded bumper since the XE is one piece. I might be wrong on your particular year...

L

·
Registered
558 Posts
They really did not do the Titan Justice by putting that wack gray front end on it...Nissan wasnt selling before and now going in the wrong direction...wack

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im leaning toward painting the front end. do you think it would be cheaper to buy a new one primed or just get mine sanded down and repainted?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Peytons_Titan08 said:
im leaning toward painting the front end. do you think it would be cheaper to buy a new one primed or just get mine sanded down and repainted?
Why would Nissan paint there "price leader XE" models front ends two different colors?

Facial recognition.

Having a vehicle painted that-away draws attention to the front end. Like it or not, it's an old sales ploy.

Did'ja all know that 85% + of new vehicle buyers base their styling preference on the front end only? Most of them wouldn't recognize the azz end if the emblems were removed...or not.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trust me i didnt buy it cause the front end. bought it cause i wanted a reliable truck and for 19k an 08 is a steal. now i just need to upgrade a few things. getting 07 wheels this weekend to replace the steel ones till i get some 20" on 35"s. ordered the leveling kit from greg last week, ordered keyless entry, power windows and door locks yesterday, now just need the front end fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I kind of like the way my 08 front end looks, but that could be because the truck is black and it isn't as much of a difference in color as it would be, say, on a red truck. I was even considering painting the rear bumper the same color as the front! Well...either that or getting a chrome one....

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
BBtruck said:
^I'm with the paint to match. Don't like the "chromed wrapped" or the unpainted front ends. Plus you have to add some additional support braces for the three piece upgraded bumper since the XE is one piece. I might be wrong on your particular year...

L
Is it different than the body color PRO-4X bumper? Because it's still a 3 piece on mine but the center is painted.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Painting would be the easiest option, cheaper, and frankly will hold up well. I would wager that the paint will be thicker that what is sprayed on at the factory and should be more durable. No need to mess around with removing the bumper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts