Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a 7 inch lift for my titan and I want to get some new rims. i want ballistic jester red-stripe. I will be doing mostly highway driving, but going for the badass offroading look. looking at the nitto terra grapplers. i want them to be wide and stick out pas the fenders so what offset should i get? also what size should i get 17 inch, 18 inch or 20 inch?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont have a lift like what you are getting, but im running a 0 offset on my 18x9 pro comp 7033 and my 325 60 18 terra grapplers stick out about 1.5-2 inches and it looks dang nice. I really like the look that i got with the wheels. i put the tires on stock rims at first but the aftermarket wheels are the way to go.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
It's a truck so the more sidewall the better ... get 17's for meaty side walls, especially for a lifted truck.

Here's a link to a thread that describes the CST lift, and mentions its tire clearance. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/62459-titan-lift-shock-overview.html#post982804
PrerunnerGreg said:
All the kits can run STOCK wheels and run 35" tires (exception is the CST kit on stock wheels with 325 tires or Toyo/Nitto MT...the lugs will hit the spindle).
So as far as backspacing the CST sounds like it could use an extra 1/2", which would be 5" BS, in case you do want to run the 325's or ever want to run a 35" M/T.

Maybe even be good with a narrower A/T if you ever end up needing to air down for the snow or sand. The 17" version of the 35" Terra Grappler is a LT325/70R17 D, which is about 35x13" on a 9" rim, and 35x12.8" on an 8.5" rim. It's huge, but only 67 lbs., (my old Toyo M/T's in a 33.5" 295/70R17 weighed 6 lbs a piece more)! [Same size Toyo A/T in a 35" LT325/70R17 D weighs 76.5 lbs.]

Hopefully they'll come out with gears for the front differentials as a 35 is really too large of a diameter for the 3.36 BT or OR gears, and way too much for the 2.94 standard gears, as it won't want to go into or stay in overdrive. This is another good reason for a 33 like the LT325/60R18 that brutan mentioned. But IMO, that would look way to small with a 7" lift, (which is why I won't go over 4"). And after having the torque converter acting up and not locking into overdrive like it did with my 33.5's, I won't even run a 34 again, at least until there are gears, but probably will stay with the stock gears anyway, even if they do come through for us 4x4s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts