Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
getting a spindle lift that will end up being 6".. need some ideas of what size rims to put on my truck. should i go to 17", keep my 18" factory rims, or go big like 20" rims... not sure what to do, and want pics of any truck out there, please..... thanks guys

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
It is really gonna depend on what you really use your truck for. In my opinion I wouldn't go any bigger than 18" but would definently recommend a 17" wheel, that's what I run. But I'm sure that your standard know it all guys will chime in with there opinions as I don't really know to much about it!!!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
yscty said:
It is really gonna depend on what you really use your truck for. In my opinion I wouldn't go any bigger than 18" but would definently recommend a 17" wheel, that's what I run. But I'm sure that your standard know it all guys will chime in with there opinions as I don't really know to much about it!!!!!
Well my fellow "standard know it all guy", I agree with you. But I would only keep, or buy, the 18s if I planned for the Stillen Big Brakes at some point, (and I would only buy them if I towed near capacity, especially if in the mountains often), or if I already had 18s, and only had the $ for the lift and tires.
Because the taller sidewalls absorbs the energy of impacts more for off roading, or on poor roads with potholes. Personally I like the looks of a 17 more too, but functionally they are better for hardcore off-roading. Also, generally cheaper for both rims and tires in 17s than 18s or 20s.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have all ready tried to get a set of 17" wheels, if you have the 18" wheels stock then you can only go 18 or larger. I got the Mb razor 18" wheels and 325/60/18 nitto tera grappler. I only did the 2.5 leveling kit and the pinch weld mod. With the set up your getting you may not need the pinch weld.
click on the pic to see the wheels better

·
Registered
54 Posts
So why do you say that if you have 18's you can only go with 18's and larger, I don't agree I had 18's stock and a now have a 6" lift with 17's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh ya I would go with either 17's or 18's if your planning on going offroading at all, if not and you have the money go with 20's. I think that they all look good it just depends on what your using your truck for, in my opinion. I thought about 20's, but then I decided that I wanted to be able to drive over a curb and not have to worry about banging up my wheels.:upsidedow

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I had 17's and now have 20's and have no problems with the little off-roading that I do with my 2wd. I still ride over curbs and hit dips just as hard as I did with the 17's. I put them side by side and my 17's and 20's are about the same size. The 17's were cheaper by about 6-7 bills.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The local tire and wheel shop ordered a set of 17" MT classic 2 wheels for the titan and when we tried one of the wheels hit hit the caliper on back of the wheel, the rotor size was ok. I guess the offset was wrong or something, I then called nissan and they told me that the brakes were diff on the OR pac than the se 4x4.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
titan4740 said:
I have all ready tried to get a set of 17" wheels, if you have the 18" wheels stock then you can only go 18 or larger. I got the Mb razor 18" wheels and 325/60/18 nitto tera grappler. I only did the 2.5 leveling kit and the pinch weld mod. With the set up your getting you may not need the pinch weld.
click on the pic to see the wheels better
This is not true for '04 - '07 Titans but will be for '08 Titans, because Nissan is increasing the rotor size for the '08 model.

I have heard though there are maybe a couple of brands/models of aftermarket rims won't work in 17s, but most will. OEM off road and XE wheels definitely fit on any Titan up to '08 model year.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
titan4740 said:
I new they were shooting me a line of sh!t dern the laying a$$ dealer. I had a set of wild country RVT's ready. 179.00 out the door
Bummer. The dealers can be a wealth of misinformation, but some are good.

One brand/model of 17s that I think I remember reading that didn't fit, (maybe just required caliper grinding), were the Enkei RT6. Maybe someone here runs them/tried to in 17s and can comment. I've seen a few here in 20s.

There was a guy here with a lifted Titan that fit some brand of 16s with grinding ... and it looked really nice. Like a Hot-Wheels or similar die-cast model of a 4x4.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
22's if you want to lower it and fill the gap on them wheel wells.

·
Registered
562 Posts
17's...if you go offroading they are going to get scratched and the larger the rim the faster and more scratches you're going to get...if you are serious about it spend most of your money on the suspension and tires...big rims are a waste

1 - 14 of 14 Posts