Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
I replaced the dash tweeters with a set of dome tweeters. They're smaller than the hole, but you mount them to a piece of pipe strapping and you can fit them under the grille
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
juscuzram said:
I replaced the dash tweeters with a set of dome tweeters. They're smaller than the hole, but you mount them to a piece of pipe strapping and you can fit them under the grille
juscuzram how is that autotek amp? I had a buddy in highschool with an autotek amp and JL audio subs and it sounded awesome. I wanted to know where you got it and did you get a good deal?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,244 Posts
The little grills over the dasher tweeters pull off easily by hand w/o tools. The little clips holding the tweeter mounting plate are best removed with a panel trim fork tool.

There is a ton of space under the dash where the tweeters are mounted. If you want to put new tweeters in the stock location, you can make a mounting plate from aluminum or plastic sheet, drill the corner holes for the clips using the original plate to mark the locations. Then your tweeter size would just be limited by the size of the hole you can make in the plate and the distance from the plate to the plastic grill (of course you could cut a hole in the grill also for tall tweeters).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
pogi69x said:
juscuzram how is that autotek amp? I had a buddy in highschool with an autotek amp and JL audio subs and it sounded awesome. I wanted to know where you got it and did you get a good deal?
I LOVE that Autotek amp! I have it on just the highs in my Titan and it sounds great. I had this amp in my Ram with 2 channels ran to the door 6x9s and the other 2 bridged on a Memphis 12. It sounded great and was really loud. Before I bought this amp, I had a Nakamichi 4 channel that was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, and I think the Autotek outdoes that thing hands down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
juscuzram said:
I LOVE that Autotek amp! I have it on just the highs in my Titan and it sounds great. I had this amp in my Ram with 2 channels ran to the door 6x9s and the other 2 bridged on a Memphis 12. It sounded great and was really loud. Before I bought this amp, I had a Nakamichi 4 channel that was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, and I think the Autotek outdoes that thing hands down.
Thanks juscuzram, I think you helped make up my mind on what amp's to go with. As far as subs and door speakers I still need to make up my mind and do some research. I have my own sub box I made for 10's but since this was my first box it is alright but will do alot better the next time.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top