Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been thinking of getting a spoiler to help with traction and help on mpg. here is what I am thinking

I think this one would work better.

but this one looks better

·
Registered
82 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
So I have been thinking of getting a spoiler to help with traction and help on mpg. here is what I am thinking

I think this one would work better.

but this one looks better
Consider one if you like that particular look, but it will do nothing to help with MPG or traction. The best traction mod is a Truetrac and good tires. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
754 Posts
if you want to get the "true" feel from this thing, make a hole in your hood right above your intake and place it in front it to direct the airflow to it. Worth a try haha

·
Registered
520 Posts
errrr, too each his own, but like matt33 said it will do a big fat nothing for traction or MPG...... plus it looks like kaka, IMHO !!!! but if you like it knock yourself out :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think that you are better off with the "speed chips" that they sell on ebay. You know, the ones that give you another 40hp and 45 ft lb torque while an increase of 10-20mpg? In fact, I'll bet you with that wing, we could probably put two speed chips in a series ( or maybe put them on either side of the engine block, one per exhaust manifold) and get, I dunno, probably 40-50 mpg city driving with the Titan. 4wheel, you are on to something....

:smoke: :cheers: :smoke:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, to be quite honest, that spoiler would probably have the same affect as having race tires at Nuremburg. IMHO opinion you could probably run with a new GTR with one of those. Also, you'll probably be in 11 sec. territory in the 1/4.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I hope you are kidding right? That spoiler will automatically negate any coolness points you earned with that front bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I really hope that you are kidding when you said you would get better fuel economy from something that creates drag..... You wouldnt notice any traction differences and the down force benefits wouldnt kick in until 90 mph....

oh that and spoilers on trucks are lame.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Not a big fan of spoilers on trucks either.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Not in Moscow!!! Whatever happened to the Titan owner from Moscow who drove it from the Netherlands? He said wings were the SHIZZLE in Moscow! Maybe you could move there, 4wheel? I think that's the only shot you have at being cool with a wing! :rofl: But hey, I've seen worse.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok yeah I was just screwing with you guys. I would never put one on my truck.
but I am interested in the ebay speed chips they sound amazing..lol
hope you guys got a kick out of this one!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Check out those electric turbo hair dryer thingies... They look really cool all chromed and pinstriped when you open the hood at the rice race! :rofl:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Not in Moscow!!! Whatever happened to the Titan owner from Moscow who drove it from the Netherlands? He said wings were the SHIZZLE in Moscow! Maybe you could move there, 4wheel? I think that's the only shot you have at being cool with a wing! :rofl: But hey, I've seen worse.....
My bud was stationed in Germany and had his 250 Ford.. that thing BARELY fit on the autobahn when passing their "shipping trucks".. we scraped the mirrors more than once doin 110 MPH..
it's kinda off the subject, but it made me think a Titan would have the same problem.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
What spoiler should you get? NO SPOILERS ON TRUCKS is the correct answer

·
Registered
274 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
Ok yeah I was just screwing with you guys. I would never put one on my truck.
Haha. sure you were. We belive you.....:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts