Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im always complaining about my titan, how it has motor noises, how it sucks gas like theres no tomorrow, well the new motor just turned over 10k miles and i gotta tell you wow! what a huge jump, i mean i know no one would believe me when i say this but how in the world did i go from 11-12 miles to the gallon to 20 mpg? i wont ask if this is possible cause damn it ..... im getting this! and the motor tap.... was it ever really there? it's only at cold start and true enough my last motor wasnt right, but the new one started doing the same thing, so i tried a purolator pure one oil filter and well it just stopped.... i hope this thread doesnt jinx me.... am i crazy or something? please tell me this is possibly normal or at least someone else has had this happen to them

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ha my Titan must be a beater then because I've never gotten over 14 and that was whet it was stock. There are those few that claim to be getting that kinda mileage, but I just don't see how it's possible..... Who knows?!?!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice to see you happy with your Titan.I know you had all them problems and got a new motor and all. Hope it continues for you.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Too bad you had to go through all that BS...

These really are some awesome trucks !!!!!!

Hope you continue to enjoy your truck for many years !!!!

Happy driving !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I am getting real world honest to god 17 mpg. Granted most of my driving is highway, but still it's not far off what you claim. I also have some disadvantages, I live in the adirondack mountains and can't drive anywhere without constant up and down hills. Maybe the downhill cancels out some of the uphill, but I am sure level ground with the cruise on is optimal. Be glad things are going well, but don't yell to loud, I believe in that jinx stuff.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luvbelly said:
I am getting real world honest to god 17 mpg. Granted most of my driving is highway, but still it's not far off what you claim. I also have some disadvantages, I live in the adirondack mountains and can't drive anywhere without constant up and down hills. Maybe the downhill cancels out some of the uphill, but I am sure level ground with the cruise on is optimal. Be glad things are going well, but don't yell to loud, I believe in that jinx stuff.
yeah absolutely!.... well dont get me wrong the 20mpg comes with flat land driving and babying the truck too

·
Premium Member
58,375 Posts
Turn around and drive back up the hill. Your mileage will fall back in line.

Seriously. Something is wrong with your math or the data you are using. These things just don't get 20 mpg.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I always use regular Purolator oil filters (Advance Auto carries em') and Mobil1 5W30. I have no engine tap noises at all....never did.
I have to assume your math is correct because you claim you were getting 11-12 MPG before...which is what most of us get. I wouldn't complain if you're actually getting 20...but it is really odd for a 4X4. Good for you.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
titanical said:
no no no... it's not a 4x4, non big tow non off road, just a regular se
The higher gearing should have yielded you better than 11 MPG before the new motor then. No idea....you're just a lucky SOB I guess...lol. A KC may also help if that's what you have. Mines a 4X4 CC OR BT UB and loves gas.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
My peak is 20.3 hwy, by myself at 75 MPH. I've gotten 19 with full load. Usually 14 mpg in suburban driving. I am 2wd BT CC.

20 with a 2wd KC is realistic depending if flat lands and hwy.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Before my cams and headers I was getting @ 11.5-12.5 city and @14 hgwy.
After cams and headers I was SHOCKED. I'm honestly gettin @14-15.5 city and I've hit 21.6 going to Mobile,AL and back to Pensacola, FL.. 2WD, BT and CC .. At 55mph I can get @23mpg!!. At 75 it drops to 17.5-18..

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
titanical said:
so im always complaining about my titan, how it has motor noises, how it sucks gas like theres no tomorrow, well the new motor just turned over 10k miles and i gotta tell you wow! what a huge jump, i mean i know no one would believe me when i say this but how in the world did i go from 11-12 miles to the gallon to 20 mpg? i wont ask if this is possible cause damn it ..... im getting this! and the motor tap.... was it ever really there? it's only at cold start and true enough my last motor wasnt right, but the new one started doing the same thing, so i tried a purolator pure one oil filter and well it just stopped.... i hope this thread doesnt jinx me.... am i crazy or something? please tell me this is possibly normal or at least someone else has had this happen to them

Man o man you did the ultimate jinx.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PAPARYNO said:
Before my cams and headers I was getting @ 11.5-12.5 city and @14 hgwy.
After cams and headers I was SHOCKED. I'm honestly gettin @14-15.5 city and I've hit 21.6 going to Mobile,AL and back to Pensacola, FL.. 2WD, BT and CC .. At 55mph I can get @23mpg!!. At 75 it drops to 17.5-18..
well you're from pensacola so you can vouch for mine being a lot of open road driving, i drive all the way down bauer to lillian then to blueangel then the interstate all th way to work.... so it's all open road driving, especially at 430 in the am.. 20 mpg all the way there and home

·
Registered
989 Posts
Quartz said:
Turn around and drive back up the hill. Your mileage will fall back in line.

Seriously. Something is wrong with your math or the data you are using. These things just don't get 20 mpg.
Sure they do. I have a CC 4X2 with big tow gears and I got 20 mpg with 5 people in the truck. Now to get that I had to go 55-60mph on flat ground with no wind but hey, I got 20 mpg.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I have an 05 4X4 OR CC, and before I changed my tires I would sometimes get 17mpg on the hwy if I kept it below 70. No math involved, using scanguage II. Now I am getting 15 on a good day.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
crymeariver said:
Hey how exactly you guys know how many miles to the gallon?
I use the scangauge II, but before that, you just divide the miles traveled, by the gallons you put in.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts