Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 07 Nissan titan with the chrome package, being told I was getting 18" Chrome wheels, well after driving a little bit with my new truck I heard an annoying clicking noise coming from the wheels, took it in today to a local nissan dealer and find out that I just have chrome covers over an alloy wheel, not an ACTUAL chrome wheel like I was thought to have, and that these covers are causing the problem, well I called the dealer with whom i purchased the vehicle and he has told me that that is all nissan makes for the titan, as far as chrome wheel, what are my options? what would you do and say?

·
Registered
173 Posts
http://www.nissanusa.com/titan/accessories.html
According to the Nissan link above, there are 18" chromed wheels available. They are aluminum wheels with chrome plating, so the dealer is full of BS telling you that wheel covers is the only thing that Nissan offers. Actually, Nissan does not offer wheel covers for the Titan at all.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Unfortunately for 07, they decided to go "Chrome clad" instead of a real chrome wheels like 04 - 06. It's part of the chrome package and not sure if there's anything you can do about it. Maybe you can talk them into getting you some 06 chrome wheels. Goodluck
Part numbers for "Real" chrome wheel 999W1-WR000

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
The new Titans come with Chrome wheel covers.

The ones that are real (as far as I know), came only on the Texas Titans!!

·
Super Moderator
159,620 Posts
It stinks man. This is the same type wheel my Ford Exploder had on it. Couldn't stand them. Maybe it's a sign. Time to upgrade! Sorry, just trying to paint it in a positive light. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Approach your dealer calmly and be reasonable with a clear idea of how the dealer could reasonably make right with you. Have an idea of a dollar figure for the value of chrome rims. Also eyeball any accessories that might be of interest to you because you can use the accessory option as a means of compromising.

Dealers are generally not quick to offer cash back to you, but are flexable to offer other items or service as those costs are easier to "hide". Their out of pocket expense is reduced because of the dealer cost of the item. Their margin may not as great on after market rims compared to other accessories available to them.

Technically, the dealer does not need to do anything more than replace the covers that are making noise. However, a decent dealer will be more interested in making sure that you are satisfied as their customer. They will work with you as long as the compensation is reasonable and if the transaction is easy from an accounting perspective.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
I've seen them at the dealership before, and there is no way you can tell they are chrome caps...They are a very thick chrome cap, and you have to put your finger in between one of the spokes and you can feel the gap between the chrome cap and wheel.
Yeah, from a distance you cannot tell them apart from the real chrome wheels, you have to be up close, basically right at it to tell they're caps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can not tell the difference, and the dealers are clueless. I took mine and told them and they looked at me like i was on crack, then I said go check the wheel. They did and at the time it was not making the noise, they said no problem just stop by when it does so we can hear it and fix it. Mine only does it when it is over like 65 outside and it is loud. I will be taking it in this week to let them hear it and see what they do. They did tell me that the covers do not come off so they will have to atleast find a wheel that does not have a problem.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the new chrome 18" covers?

·
Registered
457 Posts
BIGDADDY"S-07-CREW said:
You can not tell the difference, and the dealers are clueless. I took mine and told them and they looked at me like i was on crack, then I said go check the wheel. They did and at the time it was not making the noise, they said no problem just stop by when it does so we can hear it and fix it. Mine only does it when it is over like 65 outside and it is loud. I will be taking it in this week to let them hear it and see what they do. They did tell me that the covers do not come off so they will have to atleast find a wheel that does not have a problem.
I got mine replaced back in February. At that time there was no fix. Luckily they gave me chrome wheels w/o the caps. Are they trying to give you the same wheels back. I feel your pain. When mine did it it sounded like driving on bubble wrap. Only does it when it's warm outside. Whatever they used to bond it was no good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all i know is i feel mislead since the beginning i was told i was getting chrome wheels not fake wheels.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
evolved said:
all i know is i feel mislead since the beginning i was told i was getting chrome wheels not fake wheels.
must be a pattern. I feel mislead for thinking i bought LEATHER seats! after reading the fine print one day i noticed "leather appointed seating surfaces". So the middle is leather and everything else including the backseat is, uhhh,,, Pleather. oh well i didnt even want leather they upgraded me for free cause they didnt have my origional choice of color

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
evolved said:
I bought my 07 Nissan titan with the chrome package, being told I was getting 18" Chrome wheels, well after driving a little bit with my new truck I heard an annoying clicking noise coming from the wheels, took it in today to a local nissan dealer and find out that I just have chrome covers over an alloy wheel, not an ACTUAL chrome wheel like I was thought to have, and that these covers are causing the problem, well I called the dealer with whom i purchased the vehicle and he has told me that that is all nissan makes for the titan, as far as chrome wheel, what are my options? what would you do and say?
After speaking with my salesman/friend at my local dealership, they were surprised to find out they were chromed covers. I don't think your dealership was aware either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts