Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from oem 18" wheels to oem 20" wheels. I figured it would be easy enough to find a 20" spare, not so much...

I called a few dealers to get an idea of what a steel 20x8 wheel for a spare would cost. I knew it would be a bit more expensive but it beats what I've found so far, nothing. It seems this is a bit more difficult than I originally planned. Each dealer I called wanted to know what yr and a vin# for the truck the wheels came from. For one, I don't have the contact info for the guy I got the wheels from and does it really matter what year?

I even called courtesy parts and they wanted to know the same info. However, looking at their website it appears they have a 20x8 steel wheel for a spare that fits mulitple years. It should fit, I believe. Aren't the oem 20" wheels the same throughout the years. Regardless of design it should still fit correct?

The cheapest wheel I can find is at courtesy parts for $150 shipped. It's a bit pricey for a spare. Any of the used places don't seem to have them and ebay is more expensive.

Anyone have a oem 20" wheel they want to part ways?

Thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running the stock size on the 20" and have no intentions of doing the 5 tire rotation. I guess I will be in good shape.

I guess it never really occurred to just use what I have. Fortunately, it's still mounted underneath the bed because I didn't work out the solution that I was planning. I just assumed it would be better to go with a 20" with the exact same tire size. You guys have saved me some time and money, I'm grateful.

Thank you for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts