Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my 2011 pro-4x in February, I hit the ground running, found this site, got my G2 from the group buy, bought all new audio etc to replace the RF system, and have been given lots of helpful advice from the members here.

I do have a vendor issue that im not sure how to handle. I ordered an item on February 28th, sent payment, expected some lead time on getting the item.

There was some debacle on the item being shipped to the wrong person, then finally back to me etc etc, but when it arrived it wasn't correct, the color etc was wrong. No major issue, the vendor immediately said it would be rectified and I was happy as the vendor has a great reputation on the forum.

This all happened around April 10th.

Forward some time to June 1st and I get shipping notification. I sell on ebay so I know when I set up a ups label it doesn't mean the item has left the building.

Its now June 9th, the tracking info has yet to update to even show the item has left.

I'm now months into this, the summer is here and Ive already missed windows of opportunity to get the item installed, i don't want to miss the summer entirely.

I wont name any names, and I feel bad for posting this as I know the vendor is a small company and has personal family issues so I certainly don't want to pushy but im at the point where I need to get this done... should I just ask for refund and move on? or wait it out? oh I still have the incorrect item.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Have you called to check on your order?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Damn!! Still nothing! I know who your talking about and this is why I will never order anything from him. Your not the first to be in this boat.

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
Odd that the vendor didn't ask you to send back the incorrect item first. Most reputable companies will cover the cost of return shipping if it is their mistake.

·
Premium Member
77,869 Posts
I would just ask for my money back. It's been too long, and it seems this happens more not. I had to literally demand my item or my money after two months. I felt like a d1ck, but it was a couple $100 that was in limbo. He made good, but a customer should not have to pester and beg the seller for their merch. :dunno:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you called to check on your order?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App
Its all been via email, im trying not to be a **** in the situation as i know he has personal issues that ive dealt with before in my life and it was awful, but, on the other hand, its been 16 days since supposed shipping and now its the fault of UPS... he had a meeting with them monday but ive not had responses to my emails as to the outcome.

Its been a hold up, i cant get my system installed until I have this part, i have boxes of amps and speakers just sat stacked waiting to go in.

My view 7" tablet for the dash arrives the 24th, that is my end date for setting up my install, if its not resolved by then ill cut my losses but will let the site admin know the vendor as its not got good for a sponsor to leave people hanging.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's just too long, I'll ask for my refund. It's sad when you try to give business to someone and they give you the runaround.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
It's funny that the 2 one-man-band vendors referred to in this thread actually carry the best available parts for our Ts, respectively.

I've used them both and had no issues, but I've seen the problems others have gone through. I wish you luck!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm almost certain I know what vendor you're referring to. I'm in the same situation as you. I placed my order in November last year! Half of it has arrived. I agree, the site moderators should be informed of this if it continues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts