Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this family member that is wanting to buy a Titan with the benefit of my discount. The problem is that knowing him the way I do he will bring a bad name to the truck. His idea of regular service is an oil change every 15,000 miles and then brag about it. He's already destroyed one Cummins and the tranny due to abuse and no maintenance. Then he starts badmouthing the vehicle. Not to mention when he starts tearing things up he will worry me to death. There are other vehicles that he has or is about to deal the death blow to. I know it's not my money(or his for that matter), but I take pride in what I recommend, repair, or build. What should I do? Or how should I handle this?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I say let him get one. Let's see how much abuse it can handle. It would be a good test subject for everyone else. Let him treat it worse than a rental and report back the findings.:cheers:

·
Registered
561 Posts
37L1 said:
Tell him to buy a Tundra. . .
LOL - I gotta agree with this one...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wouldn't worry about him giving the vehicle a bad name, but I would worry about whether he's going to bug you with every little problem it has.

Is there any reasonable excuse you would have for not being able to give him the discount? A way for you to stay out of it? Or will you have to flat out tell him you won't?

·
Premium Member
75,752 Posts
it is what it is.

he wants a titan, you can't blame him for that! i'm not sure if you get a discout because you work for nissan or what the deal is there, but what would be the issue in giving him your price break? is your name attached to it in any way? it sounds like your friend is a bit of a knucklehead and should know that neglecting and abusing anything will utlimately lead to failure.

it sounds like he needs a beater vehicle or a hobby to take his aggression out on, not his daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts