Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a past Titan owner. I purchased an 04 in 2004 and an 08 in 2008. Over last summer, I sold the Titan and got something with better gas mileage as my job changed slightly and I was spending way to much money on gas. The company I was starting purchased me a 2011 Volkswagen CC and I am kind of stuck with it for the next 3 years and no way out. It is not costing me anything so it is what it is.

Now, I find myself looking at Titans again. With the camping season coming up, I will need something to pull my travel trailer as I did in the past with my 08.

I stopped at a local dealer today because they had the color I am looking for and I knew what the MSRP was before walking in. I was not looking to buy a truck today and the truck was at another yard anyway. They have moved it to the dealership for me to look at on Monday.

The MSRP on the Titan is $44,200. It is an SL, fully loaded. Pretty much identical to my 2008 LE long bed.

The question is, with the manufacturers $3500 cash allowance, what are others paying for this type of Titan? My 08 had a MSRP of $44K as well but if memory serves me, I paid somewhere around $37K.

If you have recently purchased a new 2011 Titan, maybe you can give me an idea what you paid under the sticker.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
There is a thread called... what did you pay for your titan (ill see if I can find the link) tons of posts! I'm sure you can find info there!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did look through that post. Took a few seconds to realize how many pages there were. I didn't find my particular purchase but I did get some ideas. I think the problem is that each time of the year is different so it is hard to judge.

As for the VW CC, It is a great car. Little tough to get into, has an odd blind spot using the mirrors but otherwise, nice car. The engine is the 2.0T. Slow for what I am used to but it works. Technology package in it is GREAT.

I am always asked the question, "Do you miss your Titan?". I only missed it 10 minutes after I drove away from it and every minute since. I am a truck guy and always have been. I need to get back to that.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Where are you located? I paid 10K under sticker in Canada 3 weeks ago for my '11 SV 4x4.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I'm planning on buying a another VW after my truck is paid off. VW's are nice cars and very well made. I'm loooking into either a Touareg or Tiguan

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
I'm planning on buying a another VW after my truck is paid off. VW's are nice cars and very well made. I'm loooking into either a Touareg or Tiguan
We have a 2010 Passat 2.0T Man I hate the way it drives, like not suspension whys, but I guess the transmission? It is really jerky in lower speeds...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with the transmission. It is a dual clutch system that is the closest thing to a manual transmission that is automatic. Very odd but I am used to it by now. I still love German engineering. However, if it was not a free car, I don't think I would own it right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On the Titan, I can only tell you what a local dealer has quoted me on a Titan KC Pro4x - loaded sticker was ~41k, he will sell it to me for 32,600.00 (invoice minus the 4500.00 rebate)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts