Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if people could post their tranny temps after installing a cooler.
Please indicate whether you bypassed the radiator.

I am seeing 190s w/ my Titan and a PML pan driving in town.
I hope this wasn't a waste of money :bangit:
Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
645 Posts
i have a pml pan and tranny cooler, i'm usually around 150 cruising around town and towing light loads (under 2k pounds) i haven't towed the boat since i've gotten the mods so we'll see how it does in a couple months

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was just going to ask this question..

I only have an external Hayden rapid cool ATF cooler that is ran in series with the other 2 coolers in the truck.
I average 110* on the highway doing 75mph..
I see about 125* in the streets..
This last past weekend I towed a 6000lb boat to Havasu and saw a maximum temp of 163* while climbing the Cajon pass on the I15 (its a steep 10 mile grade) while doing a steady 60-65mph.. The rest of the trip I averaged 65-75mph and was sitting around 140*

I was very amazed at how low the temps were, considering that last year I made the same trip and the tranny temps were in the 175-190* range the whole trip

·
Registered
682 Posts
since i dont have an aftermarket guage. only the one in the dash. where is the best place to take temp readings w/ my gun?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have seen as high as 195 in stop and go city driving in 100 degree weather after 35-40 minutes of driving. However, if I go straight home after work (normally do) I am usually sitting aroud 170 degrees when I get home. On the highway, I get anywhere from 150 (on cool days) up to 176 (pulling a trailer in hot weather up a grade).

Just to compare to what I use to get, I would still get up to 195 in stop and go city driving. My normal, after work drive would get me up to 185 when I got home. On the highway, 170 was pretty normal and I've hit 213 pulling the trailer. So it is better for me now.

BTW, I have an external tranny cooler, PML pan, and the radiator bypassed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts