Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Especially interested in what people from hot climates like FLA are running for oil type/grade in their Titan. Also, did I read correctly that the amount is "Approximately" 6 1/2 quarts?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I did the first change at 500 miles and used 5W30 Penzoil mineral. It actually took seven quarts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I changed mine around 1000 with Penzoil 5w-30 it seems to be running really smooth since the change. I had a little valve train noise before I dropped the oil. I'm up North though (Chicago).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I let the dealer do the first oil change.

I just did the second change at 4200 miles last night. I put in Amsoil 5w30. Let me tell you, it quieted down the valve train significantly! Amsoil's GOOD stuff. :)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Especially interested in what people from hot climates like FLA are running for oil type/grade in their Titan. Also, did I read correctly that the amount is "Approximately" 6 1/2 quarts?
Chevron Supreme 5W-30 - "approximately 6 1/2 quarts" apparently means drain the oil, change the filter and add 7 quarts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
bestatchess said:
Chevron Supreme 5W-30 - "approximately 6 1/2 quarts" apparently means drain the oil, change the filter and add 7 quarts.
When it gets to that time, I will use 5w-30 Royal Purple Sy. I have used this before and it is awesome stuff, one of the about two "true" full synthetics out there. The only problem is no one carries it so you have to get creative to find it. I also use them for all the other oil in the truck, ATF, diff, transfer case etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Amsoil series 2000 0w-30 and an extended capacity baldwin filter. Was able to fit almost 8 Qts. in the sump.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called dealership, they said 10w-30. And no synthetic till after Nissans break in period.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
PigPen said:
Amsoil series 2000 0w-30 and an extended capacity baldwin filter. Was able to fit almost 8 Qts. in the sump.

PigPen,

Do you have a part number for the Baldwin filter?

I changed over to Amsoil 5w-30 at a little over 5,000 miles and noticed no increase in engine noise.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
im using chevron supreme 5w-30 winter, and 10w-30 summer and so far no start up noise and no valve train noise. i will be sending a oil sample to blackstone in 1000 miles i keep everyone posted. the chevron is good oil and pretty cheap at wally world 1.09 per quart in my area. :computern

·
Registered
514 Posts
First change is free at the dealership. I plan on doing that around 1500 miles. Then after another 3500 or so I plan on changing myself and using Rotella T 5w40 synthetic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts