Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a Magnaflow muffler for my 2005 SE CC B/T 4X4.

The question is, what size is the stock muffler and what type of inlet/outlet is stock? I will just be replacing the muffler not the pipes. Is is single offset in single offset out, center in center out ect.....???? I am at work right now and cant go out and crawl under to look.

Thanks for your help.

-Mike

·
Registered
554 Posts
Magnaflow part #12256 will get you a stainless muffler with 2.5" inlet/outlet center/offset. It fit great in my 2005 LE KC.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I think I am going to go cheapy and get the aluminum muffler. What size did you get 18" 22"?

So its center inlet and offset outlet and both are 2.5"?

Thanks again,

-Mike

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got the 18". It is 2.5" inlet&outlet. If you want to be 110%, go to magnaflow's site and punch in 12256 in the search box and it'll tell you everything. Believe it or not, the stainless wasn't that expensive. I went through Amazon and got it for $70 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DANK. I found the part based on the part number you provided. Now I just gotta find someone to install it......

This site rocks!!!!

-Mike

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do yourself a favor and call a few places to see what they charge. I stopped into a local Monroe Muffler and the guy told me $200 to swap out the oem muffler and put in the new one. I told him he was smoking crack or something. I ended up going to another (non-chain) muffler/brake shop and it cost me $60. I had half a mind to go back to Monroe and tell the guy how much I paid just to see his reaction.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Magnaflow doesn't make the aluminized anymore. All Mags are either polished or satin finish stainless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts