·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metallica?
Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boys?
Bob Marley?
Celine Dion?

Personally, the big 3 that i listen to are Classical Rock (Led Zep, Van Halen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc.), Classical (Vivaldi, Mozart, etc.), and Jazz/Bluegrass (Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Cherry Poppin Daddies, etc).

What about you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My kids and I like to listen to Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, POD, Story of the Year, Hoobastank, & Simple Plan. I think some of these bands will become classics. We saw Linkin Park in concert...awesome!

·
Registered
205 Posts
My Truck plays both kinds of music.
Country and Western!
:cheers: :jester:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lets seeeeee........ in the six disc changer right now is:

1. Parliament/Funkadelic
2. Darryl Hall & John Oates
3. Dennis Brown
4. Steely Dan
5. Average White Band
6. Prince

As you can see, my music taste jumps all over the place. I like just about all types of music but my Armada normally grooves to stuff from the 80's and 70's.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I listen to a lot of underground punk/hardcore/metal. I rarely ever listen to the radio so i've never had the problem with what people were complaining. I need to beef up the stereo system to meet my standards sometime.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've run the gamut of music over my life, still like '80's new wave a lot, but the last few years my cruisin CD's have all been techno/techno jazz/trance/DJ remix (Blue Six, Underworld, ltj Bukem, Dzihan & Kamien, etc.) and upbeat contemporary jazz (Bob Baldwin, Alex Bugnon, Sammy Peralta, Solsonics, etc.) I also like all of dboogie's choices... :hat: :cheers:

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
the mighty 1090am (sports talk radio) :fight:

Rage Against the Machine :rockon
Pearl Jam:rockon
Nirvana:rockon
Linkin Park:rockon
Tool:rockon
A Perfect Circle:rockon
Smashing Pumpkins:rockon
Simple Plan:rockon
Blink182:rockon
Bad Religion:rockon
NoFx:rockon
Ozzy Osbourne (tribute to Randy Roads):rockon
Old School Metallica:rockon
Bob Marley:smoke:

Andres Segovia
Frank Sinatra
Tony Bennett
Nat King Cole
James Brown
Galactic (acid jazz)
Gypsy Kings
Ottmar Liebert
CCR

·
Registered
52 Posts
Everything save for Gospel, but most recently there has been a lot of Dj/Trance etc (right on Briarman). Oh yeah, Miles Davis' "Love Songs" is in there right now as well.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
If I am in the R&R mood:

Santana
Moody Blues
Kansas
Boston
Gloria Estafan
The Byrds
Bruce Springsteen

If I am in a relaxed mood:

The Limelighters
David Roth
James Keeleghan
Kate McCloud
Kat Eggelsten
Jack Williams

·
Registered
31 Posts
Local H
Superdrag
Feeder
Chevelle
some oldies stuff
occasional old school country

Houston radio sucks so I usually only listen to some AM news with the radio.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like to listen to good guitar.
Since the RF system sounds so good
with CD's, I tend to play it
louder than I should. At the moment,
the CD changer has:

Disk #1 Joe Walsh
Disk #2 Eric Clapton
Disk #3 Allison Krause
Disk #4 Mark Knopfler
Disk #5 David Grier
Disk #6 Me

You know what? I think I'll
go for a drive in the mountains.
Crank that baby UP!!! :hi: I'm outta here! :futwice:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Colorado said:
I like to listen to good guitar.
Same here, but our tastes probably differ. while I like your selections I prefer Yngwie Malmsteen, Micheal Romeo (Symphony X) and other bands with similar sounds like Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Pain of Salvation and a lot of unknowns that I got from MP3.com while they were running. Too bad they took it down, there was a lot of good stuff there for free.

If you really like guitar and have never hear Malmsteen, he has a concerto suite out where he composed an entire suite of classical music and he rips along with the orchestra on his guitar... it's really cool. most of his other stuff is harder rock, but man, that man can play. Romeo is right up there with him as well. He has a solo CD out, and a few with Symphony X which is considered Progressie Rock or NeoClassical Rock, similar to Dream Theater (but much better IMHO).

:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
The day I picked up my Titan our band was talked about on National Public Radio. We play cover so depending on the venue, that’s usually what I’m listening.
1. NRBQ
2. Buddy Guy
3. John Hyatt
4. Marshal Crenshaw
5. Steven Curtis Chapman
6. Foo Fighters
The last three I just happen to like.
Anything from Buck Owens to Rush, Tommy Dorsey, to Peter Tosh, Deep Purple to Alan Jackson like it all.. R&B, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Alternative, Country particularly classic Merle, Jones, Bob Wells & Waylon but this is all saved for the boat.
Don’t care for. hip hop, Rap & over modified synth recorded modern packaged marketing product.

·
Registered
211 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Same here, but our tastes probably differ. while I like your selections I prefer Yngwie Malmsteen, Micheal Romeo (Symphony X) and other bands with similar sounds like Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Pain of Salvation and a lot of unknowns that I got from MP3.com while they were running. Too bad they took it down, there was a lot of good stuff there for free.

If you really like guitar and have never hear Malmsteen, he has a concerto suite out where he composed an entire suite of classical music and he rips along with the orchestra on his guitar... it's really cool. most of his other stuff is harder rock, but man, that man can play. Romeo is right up there with him as well. He has a solo CD out, and a few with Symphony X which is considered Progressie Rock or NeoClassical Rock, similar to Dream Theater (but much better IMHO).

:)
bvstone:

Thanks for the tips on Romeo and the others..I'll give him a listen. I might be an old picker, but I always enjoy finding new sounds. You're right about Yngwie...there are guys who can rip and then there's Yngwie. I don't think anyone is as fast as he is. Sometimes I think he'd be even better if he'd just slow down a little and give it a bit more soul. But that's just my opinion and, so far, Yngwie hasn't called to thank me for my advice.

A guy you may want to check out (if you haven't already) is Walter Trout. He's big in Europe, but isn't as well-known over here. He's played and toured extensively with John Mayall, but his solo stuff is killer, if you like blues.

Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Colorado said:
bvstone:

Thanks for the tips on Romeo and the others..I'll give him a listen. I might be an old picker, but I always enjoy finding new sounds. You're right about Yngwie...there are guys who can rip and then there's Yngwie. I don't think anyone is as fast as he is. Sometimes I think he'd be even better if he'd just slow down a little and give it a bit more soul. But that's just my opinion and, so far, Yngwie hasn't called to thank me for my advice.

A guy you may want to check out (if you haven't already) is Walter Trout. He's big in Europe, but isn't as well-known over here. He's played and toured extensively with John Mayall, but his solo stuff is killer, if you like blues.

Keep the shiny side up!
If you want a couple samples and can receive large attachments, I could put out a couple "samples". :) I could also put them on my website for you to download. It's a little heavier than most of your selections. kinda like a mix of Metallica, Rush, Queen and Meatloaf mixed into one. But "clean". :) The one Malmsteen Clasical (Concerto Suite) is killer if you like guitar and classical music.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I listen to almost anything. Right now I have the following:

1. Rick James/ Aretha Franklin
2. Pink (Can you believe it?)
3. Willie Nelson
4. James Brown
5. Stevie Ray Vaughn
6. Rolling Stones

I've got a 21 year old son so we often exchange music. He really likes Motown and some of the seventies stuff. I have his Ludacris and Crystal Method CDs ready to pop in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
bvstone1 said:
If you want a couple samples and can receive large attachments, I could put out a couple "samples". :) I could also put them on my website for you to download. It's a little heavier than most of your selections. kinda like a mix of Metallica, Rush, Queen and Meatloaf mixed into one. But "clean". :) The one Malmsteen Clasical (Concerto Suite) is killer if you like guitar and classical music.
I've got broadband, so big downloads are no problem. If you want to post them on your site, send me a PM with the info and I'll go get 'em. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my changer now -

1) Jimi Hendrix
2) Stevie Ray Vaughn
3) White Stripes
4) Chuck Berry
5) Norah Jones
6) Rusted Root

as you can see my tastes are all over the board

1 - 20 of 34 Posts