Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been detailing my vehicles for years & I've tried many different brands.

Without a doubt Meguiar's NXT is the best wax I've used; it is absolutely amazing & will mask most imperfections leaving your vehicle with a fantastic shine. Can you tell I'm a Meguiar's fan? Yes I am but I for good reason; they have great products.

No it's not cheap but with so much invested in our Titans I'd say it's worth every penny.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hey rob... i was reading earlier that you traded in your titan for a 99 4runner.. you get another titan ? because i think that thread was pretty old ? lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
killcatzforfun said:
hey rob... i was reading earlier that you traded in your titan for a 99 4runner.. you get another titan ? because i think that thread was pretty old ? lol
Diff Rob:rofl:. Just purchased my Titan last month & it's also my first Nissan. Never owned a 4Runner.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ah because your sig was pretty close to his his said rob and had that reaper thing...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's odd:lol:.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well I used to use exclusively Zaino products only on my LS1 Trans Am, but I've recently switched over to Tropi-Care on my Titan. I haven't had the Tropi-care on the Titan long enough to speak to the durability yet, but it seems to give a comparable shine to Zaino.... Of course on my Trans Am, I probably had a hundred coats or more of Zaino before it was stolen...

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
NXT is a fine polymer and I have used it but I prefer Menzerna FMJ. Full Molecular Jacket is more durable and can be layered effectively. Check out Properautocare.com, great products and service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No contest that there are better products, but I'm lazy. Turtle Wax Ice is faaast.

·
Registered
147 Posts
rjterpstra said:
No contest that there are better products, but I'm lazy. Turtle Wax Ice is faaast.
I completely understand, sometimes I wonder if its all worth it. I spent countless hours on my Trans Am to keep it in impeccable shape paint wise, and in the end, it was maybe just marginally better than if I used an easier to apply product.

With that, I guess this is a chance to show off my previous ride:

I bet there was a ton of Zaino on that thing, made it faster! haha

·
Registered
306 Posts
Zaino has a couple of new products which makes the job a lot easier. Z-AIO (All-In-One) is a cleaner and polish (no need for Z1 or ZFX). Put it on, let it dry, wipe it off. Then use Z-CS (Clear Seal). Then, as an option, follow up with Z8.

I've used Zaino and NXT (once). Both give a great shine, but Zaino's shine seems to last longer.

Here's a 2003 Vette with the new Z-AIO and Z-CS (not my car though):

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I've been using Meguiar's carnuba wax for years and love it. It goes on easy and buffs off easy, may not last as long as some of the others but I like it.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
DRKSDE said:
I've been detailing my vehicles for years & I've tried many different brands.

Without a doubt Meguiar's NXT is the best wax I've used; it is absolutely amazing & will mask most imperfections leaving your vehicle with a fantastic shine. Can you tell I'm a Meguiar's fan? Yes I am but I for good reason; they have great products.

No it's not cheap but with so much invested in our Titans I'd say it's worth every penny.

Ye, thats what I have used... tried a couple others but stuck with this one...

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Since we are talking about wax...

Anyone have any recommendations on a black colored wax?

I have a black titan and every time I use my Meguires wax it fills all the little rock chips along the rocker panels and bottom of the box. So now I have white little spots all over the bottom 1/2 of the truck.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
XterraChad said:
I completely understand, sometimes I wonder if its all worth it. I spent countless hours on my Trans Am to keep it in impeccable shape paint wise, and in the end, it was maybe just marginally better than if I used an easier to apply product.

With that, I guess this is a chance to show off my previous ride:

I bet there was a ton of Zaino on that thing, made it faster! haha

Nice ride... had one like it except WS6... NICE...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
PRJ said:
Since we are talking about wax...

Anyone have any recommendations on a black colored wax?

I have a black titan and every time I use my Meguires wax it fills all the little rock chips along the rocker panels and bottom of the box. So now I have white little spots all over the bottom 1/2 of the truck.
well I haven't had much luck with the colormatching waxes but turtle wax has color match wax that might work on your scratches. Otherwise buff buff buff, the white will come off

·
Registered
147 Posts
pi3yeargrad said:
Nice ride... had one like it except WS6... NICE...
Definitely the absolute funnest vehicle I've owned... I love my Titan, but it sure was fun to shred the hell out of the tires in the TA...

Just a follow up pic, this is what it looked like when the cops found it in East New Orleans...

You think they got everything or what?

·
Registered
969 Posts
i use turtlewax for the final coating. it's the new premium one in the green bottle.. the name escapes me but you can't miss it. ~8$

1 - 20 of 31 Posts