Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I too am a fan of Meguiar's NXT, I use it on both my Titan and my CRX-SiR, the S2000 however, that gets Zaino, and that stuff makes every wax I have ever seen look like nothing special, but doing the Titan in Zaino would be overkill for me, too much time, and too much money.

In addition, the Meguiar's NXT detail spray and the vinyl protector are outstanding. The vinyl protector in fact is the best I have ever used, I have some black window trim on my 17-year old CRX-SiR that had gotten more grey than black over the years, and the Meguiar's NXT vinyl spray is the only product that has gotten it back to black and I even tried the 303 product, which in itself is most impressive, it's like sunscreen for your car.

Meguiar's NXT on my 17-year old CRX-SiR

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Quad T said:
I too am a fan of Meguiar's NXT, I use it on both my Titan and my CRX-SiR, the S2000 however, that gets Zaino, and that stuff makes every wax I have ever seen look like nothing special, but doing the Titan in Zaino would be overkill for me, too much time, and too much money.

In addition, the Meguiar's NXT detail spray and the vinyl protector are outstanding. The vinyl protector in fact is the best I have ever used, I have some black window trim on my 17-year old CRX-SiR that had gotten more grey than black over the years, and the Meguiar's NXT vinyl spray is the only product that has gotten it back to black and I even tried the 303 product, which in itself is most impressive, it's like sunscreen for your car.

You really should line your truck with thick foam :upsidedow

·
Registered
253 Posts
Zymol Titanium baby!!! Zaino is nice but sit on top of the paint. A a true wax penatrates and gives the ultimate depth and shine.

I use: Meguiars dual action cleaner/polish followed by Wolfgang finishing glaze, and finally Zymol Titanium wax.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
My friend has a black truck and he uses that (I think its tutle wax) "black wax." Its aight but I dont use it on my black titan cuz it doesnt give the shine and depth like the NXT and doesnt last as long either... my friend has apply it all the time while I do every few months or so...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
305hp said:
Zymol Titanium baby!!! Zaino is nice but sit on top of the paint. A a true wax penatrates and gives the ultimate depth and shine.
I have never seen a wax shed water like Zaino, it's like the whole car is covered with Rain-X. The bugs that get splattered onto the front come off with a wipe down of a California Duster, and washing the car is a breeze because very little can actually stick to the Zaino.

We will never believe in the same thing and that's fine, to each their own, but trust me, lots of Zaino guys would disagree with your statement, I know I do. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was also a Zaino user until I found Duragloss Products. Zaino is great but you can get Duragloss over the counter at Car Quest, NAPA and some other Car Parts Stores. Stuff is fantastic! I have been a detailing nut for years and like being able to run to the store if I need something instead of ordering it or finding a distributer. It's also getting great reviews over on Autopia forum.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The big question when it comes to wax is:

Can you put in on a black car... on a 95 degree day.... and have it wipe off with minimum effort?

If you can do that....you will do it more often and that's how you take care of paint.

I used to own a detail shop and if you're a car buff who likes to wash, detail, and keep your ride lookin sharp, you need products that go on and off easy so you'll be more inclined to do it more often, instead of having to break your shoulders everytime. If it's to hard, you'll wind up not doing it.

Wax should be soft, pliable and moist. Not like concrete.

I use a straight carnuba wax called Carnuba Bay. I can put it on a black Mercedes on a 95 degree day in the sun....go get lunch...come back and take it right off without crackin' a sweat. I dust my Titan with a quick light coat after every hand wash....15-20 minutes on and off tops.
Tip #2 use your leaf blower to dry it off...no touch and it gets the water out of holding areas...ie; mirrors,handles, grilles etc..

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
XterraChad said:
Well I used to use exclusively Zaino products only on my LS1 Trans Am, but I've recently switched over to Tropi-Care on my Titan. I haven't had the Tropi-care on the Titan long enough to speak to the durability yet, but it seems to give a comparable shine to Zaino.... Of course on my Trans Am, I probably had a hundred coats or more of Zaino before it was stolen...
I've always heard good things about Zaino but never actually tried it.

I wax all my vehicles including my jet skis every 3 mos so I'm not too worried abt protection. NXT gives one of the best shines I've ever seen I just can't imagine Zaino being any better but I may have to check it out.

I also hate the idea of going thru a dealer/distributor. I used to run Red Line race oil in my stroker Mustang but it was PITA having to order so I switched to Mobil 1.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Skyboi said:
The big question when it comes to wax is:

Can you put in on a black car... on a 95 degree day.... and have it wipe off with minimum effort?

If you can do that....you will do it more often and that's how you take care of paint.

I used to own a detail shop and if you're a car buff who likes to wash, detail, and keep your ride lookin sharp, you need products that go on and off easy so you'll be more inclined to do it more often, instead of having to break your shoulders everytime. If it's to hard, you'll wind up not doing it.

Wax should be soft, pliable and moist. Not like concrete.

I use a straight carnuba wax called Carnuba Bay. I can put it on a black Mercedes on a 95 degree day in the sun....go get lunch...come back and take it right off without crackin' a sweat. I dust my Titan with a quick light coat after every hand wash....15-20 minutes on and off tops.
Tip #2 use your leaf blower to dry it off...no touch and it gets the water out of holding areas...ie; mirrors,handles, grilles etc..

Hope this helps.
I never found Carnauba waxes to offer much protection but I agree on the ease of on/off application. I find Meguiar's NXT easy to work with also.

Thanks for the tip on the leaf blower; def going to try that next time. I usually chamois down & then drive down the road so this will save me a little time & gas:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another Zaino faithfull here...

It's a bit more work to get started, but once you've got base coat or two down, it goes on and comes off so easy. It becomes very easy to maintain.

But I say, it's less about which product you choose, and more about finding one you like, using good technique, and having fun.

I helped my friend Zaino his brand new Titan straight from the dealer...it's easy to underestimate how much more work it takes to detail a truck then say a Z.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts