Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gas prices to rise to for you to get rid of your truck? Here in Western NC its $3.25 and they were talking at the station of $3.45 today. I'm not one of those to run out scared to death and buy a sentra because it had a spike but lets just say its now winter of 2011 and theres no drop in sight with a price of $4.50-$5.00, what would you do? The reason it makes me so mad was because I traded up from a 1st gen frontier last year that really got about the same mileage 15-16mpg but was only 4 months from being paid for. I am not in the position where I "have" to own a CC :ftard:truck although I use it quite often but I do need something 4x4 and what does that leave with any kind of style, a subaru? I guess I can start putting touring tires on my sport bike and save a lot, but it don't help much in the rain or cold. The only thing I could see making since is going to a place and trading on a older truck(hardbody maybe?) to get rid of the monthly payment and just have the gas bill. I'm spending $85 a week in gas and its starting to eat into my fun money and thats no good... I really can't justify buying a little beater car because of maintaince and by the time you pay a few grand for something and insure it you've spent 3 years in gas in the titan. I love my truck but theres a point to draw a line. Thoughts anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
I ditched my 04 back in 08 when prices were in the $4 range...Biggest mistake I ever made. I traded for a Chevy Malibu, got a decent deal, bigger payment. Found out 7 months later that I was getting orders to move to the complete opposite side of the country. Now a truck is highly useful again...Borderline necessary so the wife didn't have to follow me and file for a divorce after a week on the road. So i dumped the Malibu and get my 08.5 T. Prices rise, get smarter on the driving. I know the gas pedal is fun, but if you grandma it and keep the RPMs at or under 2k, mileage is better. It's not going to stay forever at that price, just keep the T, plan your trips out better so your only making one trip out when you do go. It's not worth trying to dump it off, your trade in price will probably be horrible and in the end, probably won't be too happy you even messed with it all. I don't know about you, but I have everything I really need within a couple miles of my house, and I have a new 21sp Trek bike sitting in the garage, plus I could probably use the extra workout. Just my thoughts though. Have a good one!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Its really hard to say... My truck is all paid off so the only bill I have from it is the $75 a week to fill it up here in MA. I think if the gas prices would go up to $4+ and stay that way for an extended period with no drop in sight.... that may force me to sell. I have had the truck for a year now and love it, but my only reason for a truck was the snow here in MA and I ride dirtbikes so I needed something with a bed. I hope it doesnt come to this...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
anything i'd trade for would get equally terrible gas mileage. If I ever own a car, it's gona be a challenger or charger SRT, I got 3 trucks now, 2 dodges and the T, all getting no better than 13mpg, I just can never see myself in anything but a v8 (or I6 cummins) truck.. bring on the $10/gal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts