Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you like to see in the next gen Titan? Here's my short list:
Off the shelf Dana 60 front and rear
A new 6 speed transmission as beautifully matched as the old, but able to take 600 hp
400hp/450 ftlb
The interior needs an update. Trim prices that the finish doesn't rub off, and time to ditch the Tupperware look.
As far as the exterior goes I think it's still the best looking full size on the market. A higher peak here, and sharper edge there would go a long way.

·
Premium Member
17,239 Posts
I like the Dana 60s, add w/ TrueTrac/locker options, unlocking front hubs, sway bar disconnect, radiator that doesn't suck, axle seals that don't leak, an offroad option that comes with decent tires & shocks (instead of Ragged Trail/Pseudo Ranchos), a 3-speed transfer case with a decent crawl gear

·
Premium Member
73,588 Posts
I guess I can sum it up with "heavy duty option".

The things that have failed that I don't approve of are my front differential failing, 4wd not engaging due to a broken wheel sensor (I get it, but I hate that a $12 sensor cripples 4wd),

I'd like to shift into 4wd, not flip a switch. I'd also love a locker.....

The last time something happened (wheel sensor) I called strike 2 on the Titan, one more snow fail and I was seriously considering a diesel with manual locking hubs.

all in all though, I can eventually build the titan as I want it, minus the shift into 4wd and there is no way I'm swapping out the front axle. For the most part the truck does all I ask and sometimes surprises me... I love this truck.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
-Better MPG accomplished by direct injection and a 6 or even 7 speed transmission.
-Factory Projector HID's
-More than one engine
-Regular cab option
-HD option. At least a 3/4 ton.
-Small diesel to go in the half-ton version
-LED taillights and brake lights
-LED DRL's
-Upgraded interior. Let's put some more luxury in there. Take a note from Ford on how to build a nice interior.
-Heated and cooled seats
-Flat floor in the backseat
-Bigger backseat
-Quieter cabin
-less squeaks and rattles
-upgraded plastic that doesn't scratch so easily
-remote start

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Options: diesel engine, increase hp and tq on current gas engine, 3/4 ton, 6 or 7 speed tranny, backup camera, back window similar to the tundra's- in which rolls down in one piece rather then the current split design. Interior plastic that doesn't scratch whenever you sneeze.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Are the plastics really that bad in your guys 08-09s etc? I have an 04' and just took it as age on the interior as to why it scratches and has worn.
Yeah...at least the door plastics. The dash area is ok, but my door handles are scratched up down to the white from all the paint rubbing off. I need to take them off at some point and repaint them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My list of the following.
QX56 VK56 400hp V8
Better Speedometer look
Power Rear Window like the tundra
Standard Skid plates.
Rubber Flooring standard like the Fj cruiser
Standard 4wd :D
Little Bit Larger King Cab.
Regular Cab Choice.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Better damn paint! Forgot about that one.

·
Registered
364 Posts
another thing i was to put on the list is that we should have our own Bada$$ version of the titan.
ford has the Raptor
Toyota has the Rock Worrier new this year

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
auto fold in big tow mirrors. why it isnt already standard with them blows my mind.

And if they dont have a 6 speed auto trans they are way behind in the times.

I would like to see a manual option too. 5 or 6 spd

·
Registered
266 Posts
hmm where the hell do I start on this one???? Man, there are so much parts that I would like to see upgraded...

As long as all current issues are addressed and corrected, I would say it would make the Titan a truck that smokes the competition. As much as I want to list certain parts, I would just say better brakes w/ brake assist, heavy duty 7spd tranny, upgraded shocks, better quality paint and bedliner, LED's all around, HID's L/H/F standard, QX or Armada interior (optional for SE/LE), Locking diff/LSD from factory, upgraded axles, and lastly a stronger motor. I would like to see optional motors rated at 405lbs and 512lbs of torque. LOL That'll make anyone smile all day...

·
Premium Member
19,247 Posts
I want a long(er) bed.

·
Registered
786 Posts
heavy duty, solid axle, better seats, better interior, a steering wheel that doesn't rub off in your hands. diesel engine or a larger liter v8, slightly longer bed ( 6 feet or so). no open diffs on any models with 4x4. needs a limited slip at the very least.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
and i want the cupholders my civic had. They were awesome. every cup except a small red bull and the 32oz gaterade fit securely. The red bull can would move alittle, but it never spilled, the big gaterade bottle had to be turned upside down.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nissan should follow Ford's example and make:
- a "Faster than your way-too-expensive Lightning" version. Gas mileage is out the window for that one.
- a "Tow Master" version: turbodiesel, built-in brake controller with sway sense, tow mirrors that come in ALL THE WAY to the body, not stick out two or three inches, strong points for 5th wheel hitch in the bed, factory reciever, and one ton rated axles. Keep it low to the ground and have a good-looking dual rear wheel option in addition to 4WD option.
- a "Just a Pickup Truck" version: DI V6
- interior options that go all the way from the 'rubber and vinyl work truck' to something that wears well and looks as good as leather, but will still stand getting dirty. The interior in my SE looks just awful from normal "pickup truck" use from having tools thrown into it, to having the dogs along for rides... I can't believe that it looks so bad because I had to leave the doors open during a rainstorm while I hooked a chain to a limb that had fallen across one of my fences.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow after only having my titan for a few months i would like to see the following personally.
Better MPG
some more engine choices like maybe a desiel or a v6 turbo.
maybe a single cab version
better thought out suspension system thats heavy duty
some options like lockers or roof racks or winch bumper options
Maybe a FORD Raptor prerunner Killer edition with long travel suspension wider fenders and radflo custom shocks with a nice hefty 425HP and 475TQ engine option and real tires...
a 6 speed tranny would be sweet(wonder what a CVD tranny would do?)
true HID's would be nice
better steering wheel that dont peel away when using it like a normal person..

personally I want a dana 60 front and a shaved dana 60 for the rear with air lockers , nice resivoir shocks front and rear, and a 400-450HP 500TQ engine that gets around 14-16city MPG and like 24-26 HW MPG.more to come just a little tired and cant think right at the moment lol

1 - 20 of 88 Posts