Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy today i got my first hand gun. It isspringfield xd 40. All i'm waiting on now is my permit from the police station and i'll be set. I just wanted to see what type of guns you guys are packing if any. Also does any of you guys or girls know if there is a nice comfortable ccw holster out there?

:gunz:

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
pthomas21 said:
I'm so happy today i got my first hand gun. It isspringfield xd 40. All i'm waiting on now is my permit from the police station and i'll be set. I just wanted to see what type of guns you guys are packing if any. Also does any of you guys or girls know if there is a nice comfortable ccw holster out there?

Oh, lots of us do. :thedevil: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/54373-gun-carrying-titans.html?highlight=what+do+you+carry

I can't answer the holster question, but hold on. Someone will. :lol:

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
pthomas21 said:

Well I prefer the crappy, piece of junk Fobus holster for carry. At least that is what some here call it. But it is the best one if you want a comfortable holster that doesnt bug the heck out of you all day. You are going to get alot of opinions here but just try them out. Make sure you brush up on some of the laws in your area. That is probably the most common stupid things a new CCW neglects to do. And its one of the most important things to do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Springfield XD45 LE GAP is what I have, came with 3 clips, cleaning gear, gun lock, and a belt holster...Good brand and accurate...

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
From time to time i carry this one around.........:gunz: :gunz: :gunz: :gunz:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
eatmorchikin said:
Got to love states that allow permits.
Yeah, at least they follow the constitution :upsidedow

I just found out that I'd be jailed for crossing the border into NY from Pa with a handgun since they don't reciprocate.

The part that sucks is that I'll be using the pistol at an isolated hunting cabin, usually with no one else around. The cabin is only about 3 miles from the NY border and my trips often include NY.

Anyway sorry for the off topic. I've had a carry permit for about 15 years, but nothing really small enough to conceal. I'm lined up for a KelTec .380 next week. It is very light and compact. I'd be more likely to carry this weapon on me because of this.

I was also considering the Taurus 45 cal Millinium Pro as a second gun, but I'll be settling for this sweet deal for now, getting it at dealer cost new (I'm kinda tight with $$$ sometimes :) )

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I carry a S&W Mdl 19 357, yea, a six shooter, lots of us old timers carry em.
Also, a S&W 38, 5 shot, and a Remington 20 ga. 18.5 in bbl, magazine extender, with Aim Point scope, 7 rd. capacity.
I'm not paranoid:teethmast

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
CHEIF said:
Yeah, at least they follow the constitution :upsidedow

I just found out that I'd be jailed for crossing the border into NY from Pa with a handgun since they don't reciprocate.

The part that sucks is that I'll be using the pistol at an isolated hunting cabin, usually with no one else around. The cabin is only about 3 miles from the NY border and my trips often include NY.

Anyway sorry for the off topic. I've had a carry permit for about 15 years, but nothing really small enough to conceal. I'm lined up for a KelTec .380 next week. It is very light and compact. I'd be more likely to carry this weapon on me because of this.

I was also considering the Taurus 45 cal Millinium Pro as a second gun, but I'll be settling for this sweet deal for now, getting it at dealer cost new (I'm kinda tight with $$$ sometimes :) )
Hey CHEIF, i have owned the Kel-Tech .32 w/ the extended mag., but the .380 doesn`t come with the extended mag....Unless you have little-bitty hands, the .380`s grip is really small and feels like something is missing...The .32 cal. with extended mag. feels much better in your hand...Just a little FYI in case you didn`t know....Kel-Tech`s are good pistols for the $$$$$$....
Good Luck..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just bought a new CCW on Thurs. It's a S&W 637 AirWeight in .38, 5 shot, 15oz. Haven't shot it yet...probably this weekend. Also in the truck I keep a Ruger Super RedHawk .480, mostly for the intimidation factor. Check out www.thehighroad.org and www.opencarry.org

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
i carry the para on me and the ar10 underneath the seat for when situations dictate the deployment of that or under the bed i have a mount. i also have a glock model 22 with a crimson trace laser sight for the little lady.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
redneckpapa1996 said:
Hey CHEIF, i have owned the Kel-Tech .32 w/ the extended mag., but the .380 doesn`t come with the extended mag....Unless you have little-bitty hands, the .380`s grip is really small and feels like something is missing...The .32 cal. with extended mag. feels much better in your hand...Just a little FYI in case you didn`t know....Kel-Tech`s are good pistols for the $$$$$$....
Good Luck..
Thanks RN-Papa, I don't have much background on KelTec.

You are right, the .380 only lets me get 3 fingers on it, my pinky will be bored :) . Well I shot with a .380, just one mag full. I think I can get used to it.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Ruger Security 6 .357 mag with my Handloads

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
rholland said:
I carry a S&W Mdl 19 357, yea, a six shooter, lots of us old timers carry em.
Also, a S&W 38, 5 shot, and a Remington 20 ga. 18.5 in bbl, magazine extender, with Aim Point scope, 7 rd. capacity.
I'm not paranoid:teethmast
I hear ya!!!
I also am partial to the 357 Mag wheel guns. When I feel the need to carry my Taurus 357 Mag goes with me.
I like a revolver because it dosen't leave any evidence behind, plus the 357 Mag has more energy than the 40, 45, 10mm,and almost three times the energy of the 9mm.

Overkill? Maybe, but i'd rather be overgunned than undergunned any ole time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts