Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 titan that runs 15.2 stock, my girlfriends dad is getting a new 6.0 liter 380 horse silverado. how do you think will win? i have already talked a little sh**. i hope i can back it up!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
stock for stock you should take him.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
There is no 380 hp silverado. The SS's are 6.0 350 or so and run 16's. He is probably getting the DENALI truck with the new 6.1? that thing hauls! Ask Markislive he's got one now. Go get uprev and really put salt in the wound!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I'm not sure which one you are racing but Uprev couldn't hurt, lol. Good luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I think you can take him bone stock, UpRev wouldn't hurt but it would cost you for running off at the mouth to get UpRev just to bet him. I'm poor so I can only dream about that mod.:upsidedow

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
not sure how her dad is but it might be a good idea to "let him win" if your picken up what im puttin down.lol "I win!", "oh ya well i dont want you dating my daughter!" lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
There is no 380 hp silverado. The SS's are 6.0 350 or so and run 16's. He is probably getting the DENALI truck with the new 6.1? that thing hauls! Ask Markislive he's got one now. Go get uprev and really put salt in the wound!
the new vortec max has 367 horse and can be bought on all the 1/2 ton. there is not a new ss yet .and the denali has a 6.2Lwith 403 horse

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I raced a new silverdo regular cab,tuned, headers, intake exhaust he ran 14.10

The new 4door denali with 6.1 a tune intake and exhaust is 13.8-14.0

With Uprev and cold day you might get 14.55

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i have been dating her for 7 years and he is cool. i work for him and business is getting slow so he is going to trade his 07 Z06 and his 07 titan in to get something that not so much. it is the votex max.

·
Registered
354 Posts
titanswfl said:
i have a 2007 titan that runs 15.2 stock, my girlfriends dad is getting a new 6.0 liter 380 horse silverado. how do you think will win? i have already talked a little sh**. i hope i can back it up!
You should run fairly well with him. The Titan's have a great tranny and rear end combo. Even though it has 367 hp, it tuned way........ down. Give it shot and see what happens, I'm sure we would all like to know. Get a video of it. Here's an artical that your guys can read about the V-Max and the Titan. It says that the Titan beats it, but the V-Max will catch up in the quarter mile. Keep in mind that the one they tested was a 4 door 4x4 V-Max. I'm sure the ex. cab would be alittle faster. If the V-Max had a custom tune, and the Titan had the Uprev tune, it would be a good race to see.
Terry

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=117482

·
Registered
342 Posts
Smoke'n Fast said:
Even though it has 367 hp, it tuned way........ down.
That is one of my main complaints about GM Trucks. They build a motor that makes good power but they have a trans that can't handle it. So instead of building a better stronger transmission, they band-aid it by using torque management.

I haven't done much research on the subject but I'd like to know how many Titan owners (that have all bolt ons and a power adder) have trans problems. I'd be willing to bet it's not as high as GM owners with the same mods.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i think it was posted some time back that the new vortex max has a wide-open throttle delay of something like 4 seconds, so you have to stand on it and wait - something about better fuel economy. a tuner supposedly takes that lag out, and wakes it up. so it would be interesting to see a chipped chevy vs non-chipped titan.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
You should beat him if your both stock. C & D tested the Chevy V-Max at 7.4sec. 0-60mph, [email protected] 1/4mile, 16.3sec. 0-90mph. The Titan's times were 7.0sec. 0-60mph, [email protected] 1/4mile, 15.8sec. 0-90. The V-Max also topped out at only 99mph, the Titan did at 112mph. Both 07 models.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have K&N CAI, UpRev, and Magnaflow exhaust... i beat the v-max on stock setting... he lagged a whole lot... woke up around 45 and actually pulled even... but after that he didnt show much more... i prolly got him by about a truck length. so this should be a very fun race for both of you. just make sure the VDC is off and you'll have the upper hand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts