Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is holding it back on takeoff,then the power kinda kicks in? I have an 06 2wd SE Ex-Cab with Big Tow package and Offroad package I guess? Locking rear fender box,Utili-Track,spray-in bediner,backup sensors,etc. Just bought it 2 weeks ago,and the power is ok,but not what I expected,something is limiting it............:huh:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Factory torque management. Just about every vehicle with throttle-by-wire these days has it in such a way that it limits power when mashing the gas off-idle. Newer Fords have the same deal in the Mustangs and trucks. They either reset the TM settings or deactivate the whole thing and replace it with a normal throttle cable setup and TPS. Not much you can do but get a custom tune for your truck via UpRev or someone else.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Wait til she has more than 5000 miles.
I think that's the point where the ECU determines that everything is okay and the firmware chip changes modes.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
The ECU hold back the throttle from WOT till about 45 MPH, that's when you feel the power kick in. Like Blown330 stated, it's a kind of torque management. The Armada/QX does not have this feature. I guess with the added weight of the Armada/QX have at the rear end, they don't need torque management (that's why the Armada/QX is quicker too). Up Rev can re-flash the ECU to allow for WOT from the start.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I don't what others experiences are but when I bought my truck, it had awesome power on take off right off the factory show room. If you stomp it kinda hard, it would chirp or just spin at every stop light. My only issue was the power dip around 3500-5000rpm. After the 2* timming it fixed that. Everyone was saying that one should see more power after 5k miles but I didn't even notice a difference. My truck has been strong just the way it is from day one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,it has 14,800 miles,so that 5,000 theory didn't work on mine. It does start picking up at about 45ish,below that,it will chirp on takeoff,but you can feel the mighty hand pulling it backwards. There is no tuner like Hypertech,etc. you can buy? I've read a little on here about the 2 degree advance,can you use that and the uprev tune at the same time?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
it's the drive by wire crud limiting your throttle body, it won't open 100% till you hit 45 mph, only people that can get rid of this is uprev.. if your not willing to shell out 500 bucks for a custom tuned ecu, you will be stuck with this for all eternity..

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Smokey06 said:
Well,it has 14,800 miles,so that 5,000 theory didn't work on mine. It does start picking up at about 45ish,below that,it will chirp on takeoff,but you can feel the mighty hand pulling it backwards. There is no tuner like Hypertech,etc. you can buy? I've read a little on here about the 2 degree advance,can you use that and the uprev tune at the same time?
Up Rev tune give you a custom timing curve so there's no need for the +2* when tuned. The +2* is great for those not tuned.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is the uprev one where you have to send your ecu off?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah is there anyway to get it done without sending your ecu out ?? dealers or custom shops cant do it ?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
DVan8504 said:
Is the uprev one where you have to send your ecu off?
Unless you drive to their location in Austin, TX for a custom tune. Their end user product is in the final testing stage so you might want to wait for that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Unless you drive to their location in Austin, TX for a custom tune. Their end user product is in the final testing stage so you might want to wait for that.
Well that sucks. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
baseballfanz said:

how long of a wait ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts