Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fighting traffic for nearly 2 hours I picked up a package for a buddy of mine.

Getting warmer.

Ta-Da!

Pretty sure, we'll install it tomorrow. Man, doing stuff like this makes me miss my truck.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm planning on buying a CAI soon. The S&B one is on my list but that Bully Dog looks pretty cool. If it would give the same gains or better than a S&B (for a FF Titan) I would be interested in it. Keep us posted on how it performs. Thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked up the installation instructions on the Bully Dog intake, and it looks like it's very well constructed and uses all the OEM mounting bolts with the rubber grommets. IMO, it's designed much better than Stillen's intake and several others. http://www.bullydog.com/external/product_files/54100-99_300.pdf

Best price at $272 delivered was here: Bully Dog 54100 - Rapid Flow Cold Air Induction Intake; Injection Molded
Look for the install write up sometime during the week. He's not gonna be able to make it in time today and I officially shut down at every 6pm Saturday-6pm Monday and 6-8pm on Thursday's since that is time devoted to my daughter.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I'm tempted to buy the Bully Dog intake just to try it, but I'll wait for that thread. What kind of price did he get?

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm tempted to buy the Bully Dog intake just to try it, but I'll wait for that thread. What kind of price did he get?
He got my pricing and overnight shipping.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like this intake is going on today. I'll try to post a write up late tonite or tomorrow. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Looks like a nice intake. :cool: The OEM type look and mounting is what I really like (closed box).

I had an Injen, and while it's a good intake for performance, I didn't like the way it mounted. Just seemed too flimsy to me and I didn't like the fact that the engine cover has to be trimmed. You would think a $300+ intake would fit a little better.

Other intakes are even worse.

I'm thinking about trying the BD. Subscribing, and look forward to your review.

By the way, is there an option to buy a dry filter? (I'm lazy; much rather swap out filters than oil).

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a nice intake. :cool: The OEM type look and mounting is what I really like (closed box).

I had an Injen, and while it's a good intake for performance, I didn't like the way it mounted. Just seemed too flimsy to me and I didn't like the fact that the engine cover has to be trimmed. You would think a $300+ intake would fit a little better.

Other intakes are even worse.

I'm thinking about trying the BD. Subscribing, and look forward to your review.

By the way, is there an option to buy a dry filter? (I'm lazy; much rather swap out filters than oil).
I just ate a huge burger and washed it down with a root beer so I'm too lazy to measure the inlet and length of the BD filter right now. I'm sure you could find a dry filter replacement. I'll try to list the dimensions later.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Looks like this intake is going on today. I'll try to post a write up late tonite or tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Looks badazz.. Interested in the sound and performance on that sucker..:teeth:

L

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its done. Install was quick and easy. No rattles or vibration. Intake temps cruising at 70 were at 95 degrees. I saw a 240gms/s but didn't get a chance to really lay into it since it wasn't my truck. I'm off to see my pops for dinner and I'll post the pics and such later. As for those that would want a dry filter replacement the inner diameter is 3.75" and the length is 8".

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the truck its going on.

Quick comparo to stock box

Stock rubber grommets swapped over as well as the foam on the intake snorkel

Maf tube with freshly cleaned maf sensor

Almost done

Getting warmer

Filter on

Finished

Next time I'll try to get a vid of the monitoring so everyone can see the in gms/s, a/f, intake temps, ect.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Look for the install write up sometime during the week. He's not gonna be able to make it in time today and I officially shut down at every 6pm Saturday-6pm Monday and 6-8pm on Thursday's since that is time devoted to my daughter.
I thought that time was for my Mom...lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts