Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I want to list my Titan for sale this week, but I need your expert price opinion. It is a black 2006 4x4 SE king cab. I bought it brand new in 2006, and it has ~44k miles. I have babied it and it has lived in my garage all its life! I think the sticker was around $33,000. I don't have the sticker in front of me, but it has the bed liner, tie down system, tow package, convenience package, etc. I just put on 4 brand new tires, so the tires have about 10 miles on them! The only modification is the James sound upgrade, which has a custom Titan enclosure with dual 10" subs under the rear seat.

So, I have two questions for you. What do you think I can get for the truck? Where is the best place to market it?

Thanks so much!
Nick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've used it for other vehicles, mainly for trade in value, and found it to be fairly accurate. In fact the trade in value I got for my Exploder I traded in for my Titan was $3100. The dealer gave me $4000 for it. However, dealers can "hide" the money elsewhere in the purchase of a new vehicle. As to private sale.... Those numbers are purely speculative. You could get that $ for your truck given the right buyer. Most likely though you would get less. I have seen some people print out those results from Kellys Blue Book and put it on their vehicle to show prospective buyers what they are getting and that your $ isn't totally unreasonable.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
AutoTrader.com - Buy Used Cars, New Cars, Sell a Car, Find Car Dealers
craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums

look for trucks simular to yours (package, trim level, condition) and average out their price. Find maybe 10 trucks that look a lot like yours, add their prices all up, and divide by 10. There is your average price that you can work from. I've used this method in the past and gave me a pretty good idea, better than KBB. Because lets face it, if you're a buyer, his truck is 14 grand, other is 17 grand, both nearly the same, about 10k miles in difference..which one would you probably buy?

·
Registered
378 Posts
KBB values heavily favor dealers (I know CarMax promotes KBB pricing on their vehicles, but they don't haggle), but Edmunds and NADA tend to favor private sellers.

Having said that, if you can get anything close to KBB private party book value for your Titan, you better jump on it.

Dealers here in NC are offering less than trade-in, which is below wholesale (they usually use the NADA black book). But, then they're turning around and try to get KBB book value for them.

Another thing you can do is to check your local bank or credit union and see what the loan value would be.

I found that the loan value was somewhere between trade-in and private party value. Plus, if the bank will only loan "X" amount of $$$ for a particular vehicle, the person buying your truck won't be able to get a loan financed for any amount over this, unless they put some $$$ down or pay cash.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You can see it in the background...behind my new ride. I'm single again...so I only need one car :)
Nice Por-Sha...!

Now, PLEASE use it on a track...somewhere, someday. Do not condemn it to a life on public streets. Use it for what it was designed for. Please.

That is all.

- Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Por-Sha...!

Now, PLEASE use it on a track...somewhere, someday. Do not condemn it to a life on public streets. Use it for what it was designed for. Please.

That is all.

- Brian
Yes, I am joining the local chapter of the PCA, so I will be able to track it at Mid-Ohio this year. I don't speed on the streets, so I cannot wait to stretch her legs. It handles like a rocket on rails!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AutoTrader.com - Buy Used Cars, New Cars, Sell a Car, Find Car Dealers
craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums

look for trucks simular to yours (package, trim level, condition) and average out their price. Find maybe 10 trucks that look a lot like yours, add their prices all up, and divide by 10. There is your average price that you can work from. I've used this method in the past and gave me a pretty good idea, better than KBB. Because lets face it, if you're a buyer, his truck is 14 grand, other is 17 grand, both nearly the same, about 10k miles in difference..which one would you probably buy?
Thanks. I am hoping some people here could give me an accurate expectation on how much I could expect for the truck. When I was looking at the Porsche, I became an expert on pricing because I looked at so many of them! All estimates are appreciated.

Nick

·
Registered
75 Posts
My buddy just bought(last week) an 07 4x4 Crew Cab, not sure what trim level, it has Leather, ~20k miles, the bed track with lots of crap to go in them, and is off road/big tow. Local Nissan dealer had it listed at $27,990 He paid $23k Cash. This is in Central Missouri.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts