Nissan Titan Forum banner

Whats the best Cold Air Intake?

29K views 41 replies 30 participants last post by  4mula1fan 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking to get more power, its just there are so many new brands and old brands i am not sure what the best cold air intake and a understandable price i should buy and whatever you do sugest what is its best quality and is it even worth getting a cold air intake or should i get a diffrent modification?

#3 ·
I really like my AEM Brute Force! I really like that its a oil free filter. Just my .02 cents.

Reactions: StormTroopin
#4 ·
I heard the S&B is good..and not to pricey.. Looking for one myself too

#8 · (Edited)
What year Titan do you have and are you a Flex Fuel? If your not a Flex fuel go with AEM with the dry filter. If you are a Flex fuel go with the S&B. The S&B makes the factory rich flex fuel Titans leaner, putting them in the sweet spot. I ran a 14.57 @ 93mph with the S&B, exhaust and a tuner. :):):) Suddenurge is another guy who has the S&B and runs 14.6 with it. He will soon be in the 14.40's with it!!

#9 ·
a few of the guys have a bought a $98 aem knock off intake. I would recommend that because it does look remarkably like the AEM but for less then 1/3 of the price. I say get that and put the large k&n filter and you're set!

#10 ·
Tell us about more about you priorities around performance, price, quality, loudness and level of maintenance.

#12 ·
Get AEM brute force

#18 ·
nnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo n i s m o its a nissan!
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

#16 ·
Since you're not FFV, I think this can only be answered by what you're looking for in regards to sound. I believe every CAi will yield about the same increase in power and performance if it's the only bolt on you're doing. Some are louder than others. I think from what I have read, the AEM Brute Force is the loudest. I think the Banks was the quietest?? I like the looks of the Injen the best, but I don't have anything right now except the airbox mod.

There was a thread I found here when I first joined where one of the members actually had quite a few of the different brands and installed and dynoed each. I can't find it again. I want to say the username was sammy something. It was a good read. But I think it yielded not that much difference between each.

Reactions: GoVols230
#19 ·
I have just purchased a used 08 Titan 4x2 with 21000 miles. My TITAN has the NISMO cold air intake installed. I asked the dealer about the intake and they said that this has no warranty implications. It sounds great!!! You can really hear this baby roar when you get on it and quiet as kitten when you are cursing like grandma. I have no idea about the performance benefits. I'm just getting ready to start a post on that subject.

#20 ·
VOLANT GEN2 or GEN3, with RB's 4" ram-air!

#21 ·
i have an afe stage 2 and no complaints. don't plan on switching either.

#22 ·
Does anyone care to tell me what the free intake mod is? New to Titans.

Also I called Banks today and the guy said the dyno for the CAI showed a 40-something hp improvement...I think this is total bullsh1t...anyone have any actual numbers?

#23 ·
Airbox mod is cutting the snorkel inside your box that is underneath your air filter. It works o.k. but doesn't perform like a CAI. IMO All CAI are only going to give you 10hp 10tq at best but they let the exhaust breath better. Having a CAI w/out exhaust defeats the purpose of it. Or vise versa.

And yes, banks is full of SH$$

#25 ·
Banks all day long!

#28 ·
volant gen3 is what i have and it sounds like a beast. loudest intake and performs pretty well. TBH you can't go wrong with the volant, AEM, nismo. all 3 are solid intakes with good performance gains.

#33 ·
If you ever buy from autoanything, word to the wise, they always have "sales" going on and will always offer 10-15% off their listed price. Haven't checked the website, but I just got an email for 10% off. I purchased my headers for 15% off just by calling them and speaking to a sales person, even when the website didn't say anything about it.

#37 ·
Call me a cheap a** but I bought one off of ebay for $100 shipped.Polished tube and cone style filter and sounds awesome.

#39 ·
I have the AFE stage 2 CAI and i love it! the whole purpose for a cold air intake is to suck as much "cold" air into the engine, the AEM Brute force is a metal, what does metal do in a hot engine compartment? Metal conducts heat having the opposite effect as a Cold Air Intake. Highly recommend the AFE, i noticed a huge difference in throttle response, but not in MPG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.