Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: Just curious as to what mod is the best to start with without spending sick amounts of money on higher octane to go with uprev like i have also thought about having done. With the uprev is there and 87 option and is it worth the money for this option.

I had plans to get intake and exhaust but have been set back temporarily.

Also with gas prices as high as they are:teeth: i dont really want to sacrifice TOO much fuel mileage. i am aware that to gain HP there are some sacrifices.

this has probably been brought up a time or two but have not seen it

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
With UpRev, there is an 87 option, but you'd want to use the higher octane option to get the real peformance.

I have 2* timing advance, Injen intake and Magnaflow muffler. You can get all 3 for less than $500.00. It def. makes a nice improvement over stock.
A couple other cheap mods to consider that won't break the bank, or kill gas mileage are:
Armada airdam spoiler (about $60)
Throttle-body bypass (7-10)
Helper Springs (22-25)

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
DIY air box mod....................it is free and can be done in under thirty minutes in the garage!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whAT does the hepler springs do?
and what is the throttle body bypass and advantages?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Cjack1 said:
whAT does the hepler springs do?
and what is the throttle body bypass and advantages?
Helper springs help with axle wrap.
TB bypass, bypass the hot coolant fluid away from the TB. In theory it keep the incoming cooler by not having the hot coolant around the TB.

Most peoples tend to do intake, exhaust and 2* timing maybe a TBS as their start off point for performance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, is the tb bypass a big difference?
i have heard the tb spacers are great and offer big time differences in power delivery.

These are alot different that the chebbys. thats what i drove before the titan. and would never go back because of the instant smile i get when i lean into the pedal and the motor is completly stock.:gunz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts