Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas.....getting ready for winter coming.....didnt't get the 4x4....so whats the best snow tire ...i heard bfg at or nitto grapplers......thanks:gunz:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I know the BFG A/T gets rave reviews for snow performance, I'd love to get some feedback also on the Nitto T/G's...since I now have a set...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Do not get Nitto's. I have them and they aren't that great in the snow when running 2wd. In 4wd, that's another story. My next set will be KO's. Go get some KO's and get the Tru Trac and you'll be set.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler Revo.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Bridgestone Dueler Revo AT is a great all around tire... I wish that they made bigger tires I had the Revo's followed by the Firestone Destination MT's on the Pathfinder I had before the Titan Bstone/Fstone make some of the best tires on the market... I'm having trouble deciding what to do for my next set I hate the Rugged trail's but would like to go bigger than what Firestone makes. At anyrate get the Revo's if you want a good all all a round tire get Blizzak's if you want a true purpose built snow tire.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
A round one?

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you are getting them just for the winter I have the winter force snow tire and they are great..:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the blizzzaks looks crazy ...i might check out the bfg k/o ...one question....how will the tru-trac act in the snow..2wd....right now it acts like the back wants to swtich with the front if i hit the gas hard. hahah thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've got the kumho kl78's and I have 4x4 but rarely found it necessary to engage it unless I intentionally got myself into something real nasty. I live in northern IL btw not horrid, but we had a few 12" days last year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mattracks!

w_105m1a2SA.jpg

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If your truck is 2wd and you want to drive it in the snow, i'd recommend chains instead. j/k

Why don't you just get snow tires with metal spikes.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had a set of Pro Comp M/T's on my old truck with some long travel suspension. These tires worked really well. I was running around in like four inches of fresh snow at about 60mph and it stuck like it was on rails. The BFG all terrain also does ok.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Blizzak's are the best true snow tires made IMO. I have known people who put them on rear wheel drive boats (e.g., a Lincoln continental, old cadillacs with fins, etc.) and have never had traction problems here in the Northeast.

The downside is they seem to only last about 2 winters - driving them on hard pavement burns them up fast, esp. when you are going 80+ mph down the Mass pike.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have some snows i use when it gets really bad..just trying to see if theres a good tire i can use too.

hows the tru trac act in the snow?????:read:

·
Registered
336 Posts
CentralMA_Titan said:
The Blizzak's are the best true snow tires made IMO. I have known people who put them on rear wheel drive boats (e.g., a Lincoln continental, old cadillacs with fins, etc.) and have never had traction problems here in the Northeast.

The downside is they seem to only last about 2 winters - driving them on hard pavement burns them up fast, esp. when you are going 80+ mph down the Mass pike.
I thought I was the only Titan going 80+ down the Pike Lol They are getting better at hiding you know...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts