Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about horsepower ratings on the WRXs. Raced one last night (non WRX) and had him up to 55 MPH the he ran away. I heard the STIs have in upwards or 300 Hp. what about non STIs. anyone have 2 cents worth of opinion?:cheers:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
abmobil said:
Curent WRX is 224 hp.
The STI is 293 hp.
YA, but change the waste gate and you can get into the 350hp range. Have a friend that amost bought one until he saw the hood flapping in the breeze. He went with the S2000 instead.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
stlblues said:
YA, but change the waste gate and you can get into the 350hp range. Have a friend that amost bought one until he saw the hood flapping in the breeze. He went with the S2000 instead.
? hood flapping in the breeze ? never herd of such a thing...

my TITAN does not stand a chance at all with my STI.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I traded in my 2006 wrx for the titan. If the weather was cold it was pretty quick. But when it is warm, the intercooler gets heat soaked and it slowed way down. I couldn't keep the car from pinging even on 91 octane. Don't miss it one bit. Love the titan.

·
Registered
511 Posts
A WRX was my last vehicle before my Titan. My guess is he started getting on the gas about the time you hit 50 mph. The standard WRX will do 0-60 in under 6 seconds.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
titan814 said:
? hood flapping in the breeze ? never herd of such a thing...

my TITAN does not stand a chance at all with my STI.
I heard it from him and my wifes nieces boyfriend who had one, you get over 100mph and the hood starts visibly flexing. He also stated that it still required valve adjustments and was a bit maintainace intensive. I haven't driven one, I did drive the S2000 and its an absolute blast to drive. Not very functional for a family, but an orgasm to drive......it drifts better than the Titan.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
My 2.5i has about 173hp!! BOOYAH! j/k

I'm going back to Titan-land this fall, don't worry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts