Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it has a governor? I had mine up to 110. What about anyone else?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can that be changed by one of those machines that changes the computer settings? And isn't it also used to increase the hp and torque?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
One of those machines?

You might be talking about reprogramming the ECU. That in itself would require knowledge of how Nissan programmed it and having the Chip burning equipment to do it. It's not necessarily an 'EASY' thing to do. I normally takes the guys that try and do this routinely a good couple of years to figure it out.

Besides, why on earth would you want to go faster than 114mph in a truck is beyond me.

chris

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I probably never would but i was just curious. I forgot what there called but i've seen them on the show Trucks a couple times. It says you just plug it in to the trucks computer, push a couple buttons blah blah blah and you now have more horsepower and torque. Your suppose to also be able to adjust the speedometer for different size tires etc.

·
Super Moderator
35,640 Posts
SarkaZm said:
Where is Hemi777? I'm sure he know a number of ways! :jester:
Probably having a Coke at the Daimler/Chrysler Service Department waiting room.

"Gee, I don't know how that sparrow got into my intake! Good thing I got that warranty. Don't pay any attention to the PVC." :jester:

·
Registered
120 Posts
yea has anybody heard of a chip to come out for the Titan?? That would be sweet!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
GalaxyCC said:
yea has anybody heard of a chip to come out for the Titan?? That would be sweet!!
I have not hear anyting, but a "chip" is usually not all that benificial! I would assume there will be a Hypertek programer out soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
"chips" would likely only come from JWT. They've never done anything for a truck before, I don't know why they would start now. Also, any of those plugin computers won't work on a titan, everything is encrypted. The only things you can change are items that are adjustable with the Consult II.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I remember a buddy of mine being upset when he bought his '93 Dakota with the Magnum 318... I think the speedometer went to 120 or 125 but the truck would only top out at 110 (approx.). He said he inquired to the Dodge service rep about the difference in the speedo's top number and the point where the engine is limited to... and the guy just looked at him with the expression of "why would you need to go that fast in a pickup?". It was kind of a comical event.

Another valid point is... whats the rating on the brakes... and tires? If you get the vehicle up to 110+ miles per hour... are the tires rated to hold up to that speed say like ones you'd find on a BMW (rated at 140mph)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts