Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says.. What's up with this MA stuff? Explain, please?

L

·
Registered
940 Posts
Its going to be the biggest thing ever!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
What's up with this MA stuff?
It's a truck club spreading across the nation. We are trying to be the biggest baddest truck club to hit these United States. Get with Eddie Fonz or 619TiTN and they can give you the low down.

Modified Addictions President Indiana Chapter
Rollin MA!!!

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The biggest thing? Cool.. I guess Eddie Fonz or 619 will chime in for us uninitiated Bama boys. I'm interested.

L

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
They need to make a different forum topic for this crap. All this modified addiction junk is taking up the majority of the posts in General discussion.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Could you create a section for clubs in general? I know they have regional, but they also have a decent size general page or two as well. Just an idea, not sure how many other clubs are out there.

·
Super Moderator
36,635 Posts
Not sure of how many "clubs" but I'd guess less than 5. Regionals should more than suffice for that low of a number.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Another club?! Aren't they wanting to charge like $10 bucks a month to be a member. Think about it, $10 bucks and you have 100 members, total of $1000 a month, 12k a year. I saw somewhere $50 buck giveaways each month and BBQ once every 4-5 months. I cant see a BBQ costing $4k-5k.

Sorry, but I'm part of a free club and we are always doing things as a club.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys I didn't mean to start the torches and pitchforks mob bash. I was just curious what this MA stuff was all about. Other than April's Fools day, it's turning out to be Itchy Thong Friday, jeez.

L

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They need to make a different forum topic for this crap. All this modified addiction junk is taking up the majority of the posts in General discussion.
My answer to your constipated post would get me banned..

L

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree... it's kinda lame.

I'm a member of an organization known as the Downed Bikers Association. There are yearly dues of $50 the first year and $25 each additional year, or lifetime contribution of $250. Not one penny of that money goes to any member of the club unless of course said member has been injured in a motorcycle accident.

That's what the whole purpose of the organization is, and you don't have to be a member to get a benefit run in your name. Anyone, so long as they were not doing something illegal themselves, that has been in a motorcycle accident and needs assistance with medical bills and whatnot, can request a run in their name. Most of the time, it is poker runs, where riders pay $10 for a hand. ALL of the money raised at an event is given to the beneficiary, and most of the time more than that is taken from the DBA bank account to make it an even number.

The rest of the funds raised from member dues, and club insignia merchandise, is used for making more merchandise or paying for advertising events and expenses of events.

My point... "clubs" that are in it for nothing than themselves just to have a cool sticker on their window or to get freebies here and there, that aren't really freebies because you're paying $120 a year... Pretty lame

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
My answer to your constipated post would get me banned..

L
Don't get your panties in a wad. I call an apple an apple. If it hurt your feelings or you didn't like my choice of words, then just ignore my post and move on....mmmm k?:kiss:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Another club?! Aren't they wanting to charge like $10 bucks a month to be a member. Think about it, $10 bucks and you have 100 members, total of $1000 a month, 12k a year. I saw somewhere $50 buck giveaways each month and BBQ once every 4-5 months. I cant see a BBQ costing $4k-5k.

Sorry, but I'm part of a free club and we are always doing things as a club.
Not to be rude about it, but if your not in the know..keep your opinions to yourself. If we were rolling 100 members, there would be more raffle money and more than one winner. basically more options. We are rolling non profit; and setting up large meets. Each chapter is self running...keepin the dues local and for the members that directly contribute.
We're just trying to get the ball rolling. "BABY STEPS" we're not about to jump in head first. No need to be hating on something you know nothing about. Apologies for all the threads in the general discussion; didnt intend for this to blow up as it has; its been unforseen. But dont rain on your fellow TT members' parade.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Don't get your panties in a wad. I call an apple an apple. If it hurt your feelings or you didn't like my choice of words, then just ignore my post and move on....mmmm k?:kiss:
Or you can just ignore the modified addictions threads and move on...mmmm k? Were not demanding anyone to join so if you don't want to be apart of it, don't. Were looking for a more loose crowd anyways...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I agree... it's kinda lame.

I'm a member of an organization known as the Downed Bikers Association. There are yearly dues of $50 the first year and $25 each additional year, or lifetime contribution of $250. Not one penny of that money goes to any member of the club unless of course said member has been injured in a motorcycle accident.

That's what the whole purpose of the organization is, and you don't have to be a member to get a benefit run in your name. Anyone, so long as they were not doing something illegal themselves, that has been in a motorcycle accident and needs assistance with medical bills and whatnot, can request a run in their name. Most of the time, it is poker runs, where riders pay $10 for a hand. ALL of the money raised at an event is given to the beneficiary, and most of the time more than that is taken from the DBA bank account to make it an even number.

The rest of the funds raised from member dues, and club insignia merchandise, is used for making more merchandise or paying for advertising events and expenses of events.

My point... "clubs" that are in it for nothing than themselves just to have a cool sticker on their window or to get freebies here and there, that aren't really freebies because you're paying $120 a year... Pretty lame
Mad prop's to you buddy. Good organization to be apart of. But you have your opinion slanted as to what MA is or any other club could be about.
Not sure if you have local Titan meets where guys get to together, check out one anothers truck, and shoot the breeze....OR not. There are constantly ppl arranging meets in SoCal and always wanting to BBQ or whatever, and the plans fall through. MA is a group of guys gettin together and puttin money together to host Titan meets...somewhere where you can count on being served BBQ or whatever the chapter wants to serve up--its a GUARANTEED thing. The raffle came after the fact, and we have dubb'd it "member appreciation". This raffle will increase as the chapter increases. Any money left over after the meet can be contributed to the following meet, split up amongst members, or raffled off...depending on what the chapter members want to do, afterall, it our money.
We're not all about ourselves and making a quick penny. :bangit:

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Not to be rude about it, but if your not in the know..keep your opinions to yourself. If we were rolling 100 members, there would be more raffle money and more than one winner. basically more options. We are rolling non profit; and setting up large meets. Each chapter is self running...keepin the dues local and for the members that directly contribute.
We're just trying to get the ball rolling. "BABY STEPS" we're not about to jump in head first. No need to be hating on something you know nothing about. Apologies for all the threads in the general discussion; didnt intend for this to blow up as it has; its been unforseen. But dont rain on your fellow TT members' parade.

The very first post was fine, but after like 3,4, possible 5 new threads of nearly the same thing was a bit much. Maybe a MOD/Admin should have been involved to discuss the appropriate approach of going about this. I'm not the only that thought this was beginning to look like spam.

You are being rude BTW. You're right, I'm not in the know. But maybe you should have been better prepared before coming to the boards with several post of the same thing. It just seems like each time I logged on I saw a new MA thread about the same thing but with the subject line slightly modified.

My apologies to the MOD but maybe its time to close this thread before it gets out of hand.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
layer, we have several posts because of several requests from TT members. i mean several requests. the mods can check my inbox for themselves. spam....spam my a$$. if we have alot of interest in MA and people want to help MA grow and open up chapters across the states, don't hate....particapate or bakdafukup.

lot of people take advantage of these forums to sell stuff. we get alot of threads about politics which was brought up before how peolpe are just tired of seeing thread after thread about. anyways MA is all about TT and putting together some organized meets and making it fun for our members and everyone who attends our meets...you cant hate that.

$10 a month is for now, we have a small amount of members. member dues will decrease as the club grows. if we had 25or 30 members, dues could be dropped to $5. just leave the details up to us and the ones that show interest.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts