Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
There's a group buy going on for those over on CT. Lots of people have bought them, some experience mpg gains, others don't. Seems like the main benefit is lower emissions.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks galaxian...thats freakin expensive for something that noones really gettin that good of improvements...I thought it was gonna be something like the grounding kit (price-ways)...like just spend 50 bucks or something.. then I saw the 300 sale price...its prolly another tornado invention or something...well I dunno I guess I cant talk smack cuz I dont have one...oh well...dont think Ill ever experience one first hand anyway till they go down a few hundred bucks...lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Lots of government fleet vehicles are using them, because apparently they do provide some mpg benefits and especially emissions reduction benefits. I think they have a 90-day money back guarantee, so I guess some folks figured why not give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I have one, Been through about 5 tanks up to now. Avg. mpg is 13.6, before Eco3 it was 12.5 (mostly city driving). If you drive alot or plan on keeping the Titan for awhile it's good but you won't see the saving until 9 to 10 months down the road at least. Plus a 90 days money back warranty, so you can't lose, except maybe $20 to ship it back.:jester:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
baseballfanz said:
I have one, Been through about 5 tanks up to now. Avg. mpg is 13.6, before Eco3 it was 12.5 (mostly city driving). If you drive alot or plan on keeping the Titan for awhile it's good but you won't see the saving until 9 to 10 months down the road at least. Plus a 90 days money back warranty, so you can't lose, except maybe $20 to ship it back.:jester:

hmm...Ill have to think bout it then...just wondering whhat made u jump on this instead of using those 300 bucks on something else :)

...just wondering

·
Registered
584 Posts
had it, removed it and sent it back for a refund. saw no gains at all. most say they see zero-1/2 gains. I didn't feel 300 bucks was worth it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think every one should buy at least three of these. Then send me a check for a case of snake oil and the pink slip for the Golden Gate Bridge. HELLO MCFLY!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
troutking said:
I think every one should buy at least three of these. Then send me a check for a case of snake oil and the pink slip for the Golden Gate Bridge. HELLO MCFLY!!!!!!!!
ouch! :soap:

·
Registered
584 Posts
huh???.....

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
pi3yeargrad said:
Anyone here have any personal experience?
I've got one-bought in on the group buy.

I've been keeping track of gas mileage and can say that I was skeptical but have noticed a positive correlation to the installation of the ECO 3. (An increase most present when I'm in pure highway mileage driving situations-a 1 mpg increase.) In city situations, I haven't gotten lower than 13 miles where previously I had 12 and 11 mpgs. Now I won't lay claim to those increases being attributed exclusively to the ECO 3.

Synthetic oil, humidity, WOT :eyebrow:, air filters, can all impact upon gas mileage...

Now the final proof or not will be in the claim that it reduces emissions. I had my truck tested one month after installation and when I get it inspected at the first of the year. IF there is indeed lower emissions, I would say it's valuable. IF no emissions decrease, I will ask them to replace it or refund my money because their claims are inappropriate for what I would consider normal driving conditions.

If you doubt it, don't get it because you'll be expecting too much. IMHO.:gossip:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kronos1965 said:
I've got one-bought in on the group buy.

I've been keeping track of gas mileage and can say that I was skeptical but have noticed a positive correlation to the installation of the ECO 3. (An increase most present when I'm in pure highway mileage driving situations-a 1 mpg increase.) In city situations, I haven't gotten lower than 13 miles where previously I had 12 and 11 mpgs. Now I won't lay claim to those increases being attributed exclusively to the ECO 3.

Synthetic oil, humidity, WOT :eyebrow:, air filters, can all impact upon gas mileage...

Now the final proof or not will be in the claim that it reduces emissions. I had my truck tested one month after installation and when I get it inspected at the first of the year. IF there is indeed lower emissions, I would say it's valuable. IF no emissions decrease, I will ask them to replace it or refund my money because their claims are inappropriate for what I would consider normal driving conditions.

If you doubt it, don't get it because you'll be expecting too much. IMHO.:gossip:
ye I gave up on even thinkin bout buying one a WHILE back...Id rather spend 300 on something else :) If only I was rich, then maybe I wouldnt care

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I am allways skeptical of these things. The other day I got a letter for a pyramid shceme. It sounded very convincicng. All I had to to was mail six people a dollar each and months later I would be mailed 8k. May work may not, it's only 6 bucks. But I just couldn't live with myself if it didn't and I was that chump that fell for it.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
troutking said:
I am allways skeptical of these things. The other day I got a letter for a pyramid shceme. It sounded very convincicng. All I had to to was mail six people a dollar each and months later I would be mailed 8k. May work may not, it's only 6 bucks. But I just couldn't live with myself if it didn't and I was that chump that fell for it.
Please send me some money Troutking:paranoid:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Kenny Blankenship said:
Please send me some money Troutking:paranoid:
How much you want Kenny? You seem like a nice guy. No wait! I've seen your new house. I think you're ok. You allmost got me though. Crafty.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm glad you didn't spend 300 bucks on that Pi. I know you like to spend money on new toys for your baby. I think you'd be better off spending that money chroming your tires.lol!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts