Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have been trolling this site for a while and decided to post up. I live in North Texas and I have an 06 No-Fear Titan.
Specs:
2006 Texas Titan 2wd
No Fear Basic
ProComp Xtreme Mt's
and not much else done to it.

I'll post up some pics when I have enough posts.

I'm a sales rep in N TX for DSI and we build the No-Fear Titans for the dealers across the country.If anyone has any questions I will be glad to answer them for you.

I'm not here in any official capacity just as a Titan owner.

Thanks for the great site and all the resources.

Jason

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
TXNoFearTitan said:
Hello all. I have been trolling this site for a while and decided to post up. I live in North Texas and I have an 06 No-Fear Titan.
Specs:
2006 Texas Titan 2wd
No Fear Basic
ProComp Xtreme Mt's

I'm a sales rep in N TX for DSI and we build the No-Fear Titans for the dealers across the country.If anyone has any questions I will be glad to answer them for you.

Jason
Any experience lifting 08's?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
any chance you can hook us up with some deals on parts? :)

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you have good reason to be a Titan fan. I see you are from Texas, alot of the members here are. There must be alot of happy Titans owners down there.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
luvbelly said:
Welcome, sounds like you have good reason to be a Titan fan. I see you are from Texas, alot of the members here are. There must be alot of happy Titans owners down there.
My uncle drives truck and says there are A LOT of Titans down south. Up here there are hardly any. It's cool though - it's like an exclusive club, we all wave to each other!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
TXNoFearTitan said:
Yes , several already in fact. They are slightly different but nothing major.Something specific in mind?

Like I said only here as a Titan owner not to pimp any products.
Well how about throwing some friendly reviews are way of any products you've got on your mind? INFO man, we care INFO!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well , how about the exhaust for the Titan. I have experience with the Banks,Gibson,Magnaflow and JBA catback systems as well as your run of the mill welded up muffler shop Flowmaster etc.... My .02 is that the Magnaflow by far has the best performance and sound and a decent install.The Banks and JBA have strong resonance in the cab at cruising speed and it only get worse when you add a hard tonneau cover. The install of the Banks is probably the easiest of the bunch but I like Magnaflows band clamps. Gibson....well obnoxious resonance in the cab,terrible instructions,crappy squeeze style clamps , and tips are optional. Need I say more.

From a performance standpoint you should never have a muffler shop bend up and weld in a cat back exhaust. The pinch bends , welded connections , and inadequate pipe diameter are just a few reasons I can think of.Stay away from these no matter how good the deal is.The majority of the time you will loose performance when the type of work is done. Across the country there are a few places that install custom mendral bent systems , but they are few and far between.

Just my experience and not an official opinion.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
TXNoFearTitan said:
Specs:
2006 Texas Titan 2wd
No Fear Basic
ProComp Xtreme Mt's

Jason
Cool welcome Jason!!
how you like them tires??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best tire ProComp has ever produced. I have been using these in my builds since they hit the ground. I have 2k on the ones on my Titan and they run nice and smooth down the road. The tire whine is just slightly louder than the XAT's I had for the first 58k.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
TXNoFearTitan said:
Yes , several already in fact. They are slightly different but nothing major.Something specific in mind?
I'm interested to know if you've come across any noisy steering racks on trucks (Titans) you've built? What are the slight differences?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
hey do you guys install S/C as well?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, not any noisy racks(rack and pinion I assume).

The 08 frame is slightly different and the front brakes are quite a bit larger. 17" aftermarket wheels are no longer an option on the 08's. The grille is different and internally the dash cluster is new. Outside of those few things , there isn't much different.

As far as superchargers go, I thought Stillen was the only one out there. Buying direct from Stillen is the best way to go as they don't give anyone a price break. No our retail stores(4wp) will not install a supercharger on any vehicle. Company policy!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
TXNoFearTitan said:
No, not any noisy racks(rack and pinion I assume).

The 08 frame is slightly different and the front brakes are quite a bit larger. 17" aftermarket wheels are no longer an option on the 08's. The grille is different and internally the dash cluster is new. Outside of those few things , there isn't much different.

As far as superchargers go, I thought Stillen was the only one out there. Buying direct from Stillen is the best way to go as they don't give anyone a price break. No our retail stores(4wp) will not install a supercharger on any vehicle. Company policy!
I thought you meant slight differences when installing the lift, not feature differences (sorry, I should have specified).
Any specific problems you've encountered when lifting the 08's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Living in VA with an 06 "Texas Titan 4wd" any other Texas Titan owners? 8k at this point and only probs have been a/c prob with insulation slipping and blocking ducts-also, habitual parking lights (only) failure. After 4 trips to dealer tranny cooler fan found frozen and wiring harness burned in 3 places-both replaced by dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have noticed a little noise from the tranny/ac condensor fan.Nothing serious just a harmonic from being out of balance.If it fails it will get a flex a lite replacement. I can't blame it on a defect , it was in a little fender bender last year and it probably caught the fan.

On the 08's there is a little extra frame mod up front but nothing to drastic.

No major issues with the truck since day one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I turned 60k today. Figures that today I would notice the flange gasket is leaking. Started sounding like a 78 Pinto. Looks like I can either spend $20 on a gasket or Upgrade to a Magnaflow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts