Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe somebody can help with this. I've been trying to buy some of the EBC greenstuff 7000 series brake pads for the front of my '06 Titan. I ordered from one site, and soon got an email that they are backordered and my payment was refunded.

So I tried 2 others, same deal.

Fourth time, I called. Talked to someone on the phone who checked while on the phone with me, said they were in stock, took my order, and, you guessed it:

We regret to inform you that at the present time we are out of stock on the product(s) you ordered and have issued you a refund. You will see the credit post to your account in 3-4 business days. If you are interested, we do have a different brand available. Please call us @ 1-866-503-5156 at your earliest possible convenience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So I tried some of the local suppliers listed on the EBC website. All their parts numbers are grayed out and when selected, a message appears for them to "order from out of network", so they can't get them either unless they get them online like us.

I was just informed by bbomar that his order of EBC brake rotors ended similarly.

Does anyone know if EBC is going out of business? Are they just having production issues? Is it just a problem with the Titan suppliers?

I need brakes for inspection by the end of October and will look at other brands, but I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
You can try the EBC red stuff pads. They are usually in stock. I use them on my other cars, and they work great. The green stuff pads are more for normal street duty, the red stuff pads are their heavy duty line for harder use and they have better bite to them vs the greens.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
As BB said, I also had a problem with getting rotors.

What gives? There are not that many people going around and buying Drilled and Slotted Rotors.

Any info would be great.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
bbomar said:
As BB said, I also had a problem with getting rotors.

What gives? There are not that many people going around and buying Drilled and Slotted Rotors.

Any info would be great.
It might be too many people are getting them and EBC is having a hard time keeping up with demand.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw the redstuff pads on sites. I was going to try the ceramic greenstuff 7000's. I put ceramics on my 300M and the stopping was better, there was virtually no dusting, and there was absolutely no fade at all from them. I had issues with the semi-mets that originally came on the car. So I just wanted to try them on the Titan.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yellomantis said:
It might be too many people are getting them and EBC is having a hard time keeping up with demand.
Well then maybe EBC should concentrate less on making them for the Frods and Semi-hemis and all the poser trucks and start concentrating on supplying them to folks with real trucks! :jester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts