Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my 08 Titan SE over the weekend. I was peaking under the hood, and leaned on the remote in my pocket. I heard the windows roll down. It was a little creapy. I didn't know that I was leaning on the remote, and I didnt know that I could roll down the windows with the remote either. So anyway. I figured out that if you hold down the unlock button, the windows will roll down as long as you hold the button. My question is how do you roll them up with the remote? I held the lock button, nothing happened. Seems funny to me that I can roll down the windows with the remote, but cant roll them up.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
tre5 said:
So I just picked up my 08 Titan SE over the weekend. I was peaking under the hood, and leaned on the remote in my pocket. I heard the windows roll down. It was a little creapy. I didn't know that I was leaning on the remote, and I didnt know that I could roll down the windows with the remote either. So anyway. I figured out that if you hold down the unlock button, the windows will roll down as long as you hold the button. My question is how do you roll them up with the remote? I held the lock button, nothing happened. Seems funny to me that I can roll down the windows with the remote, but cant roll them up.

Yes you can only roll them down with the remote, there is a module you can buy that will let you roll them up as well. Try doing a search for it.

·
Premium Member
59,069 Posts
Rolling the windows down with the remote is a nice feature but is seems like someone left it half finished. I agree. It should roll up when you hold down the lock button.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can also roll the windows down by putting your key in the door and turning left and holding it.

Read your owners manual:cheers:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I scanned through the owners manual. However it didn't say how to roll them up. Thats why I asked here. It just seemed strange to me that they didn't make a way to roll them up.

I didnt see anywhere on that website that it would require one per window. I remember back in the stereo installer days, usually one module did 2 windows. Has anyone put one of these in? If so was it 1 module per window or per 2 windows? How bad of an istall was it? Easy or hard?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
maybe they did it for safety reasons, if someones head was out the window and you were inside you wouldnt want to injure anyone... i know the windows have circuit breakers and auto-reversing and all that but i bet nissan didnt want to deal with someone getting hurt because of a a new feature...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Better to have pressed the unlock button accidentally. I have leaned over and pressed the panic button accidentally while the key fob was in my pocket and got a nice little wake up call from the horn! LOL :teethmast

·
Registered
301 Posts
Same happened to me, at work I was showing the truck to one of my co-workers and few hours later when I was going to lunch, the windows were down. I thought maybe I left them down or something but remote probably accidently got pressed while sittig down or something, now I keep the remote in my desk. Also the book says that range for the remote is 36-37 ft. but mine works almost twice that distance.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lately I can't seem to get the window up all the way with one push/hold. They always stop, at least once, then I have to push/hold again to roll them all the way up. I cleaned windows, changes to new batteries and it still the same

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
guls said:
Same happened to me, at work I was showing the truck to one of my co-workers and few hours later when I was going to lunch, the windows were down. I thought maybe I left them down or something but remote probably accidently got pressed while sittig down or something, now I keep the remote in my desk. Also the book says that range for the remote is 36-37 ft. but mine works almost twice that distance.
Not only twice the distance but through some incredible obstacles. I unlocked mine from the inside of grocery store where I was parked at least 20 stalls from the front.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i agree that there should be a way to roll them back up with the key fob i know you can put the key in the door and hold it in the lock possition and the windows will go up but there is nothing you can do with the fob without the module

·
Registered
20 Posts
The purpose of the remote window roll-down is to allow hot air in the cabin to escape as you walk up to the truck in the summer. Based on that logic it doesn't make much sense to have a remote roll-up feature....although it would be nice for bragging rights.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Makes sense to me. Get out of the truck, with the windows down, lock the truck, windows go up. Just as sensible as them rolling down. IMHO

·
Registered
686 Posts
I had read somewhere else that somebody had installed an aftermarket alarm where they were able to get the windows to roll down and up remotel without having to install any additional modules. I'd like to see how exactly they did that as to avoid having to buy extra "modules" when I get an aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
the windows to go back up remotely just turn the key fob upside down and then hold down the unlock button :jester:

·
Registered
9 Posts
XNTitan said:
The purpose of the remote window roll-down is to allow hot air in the cabin to escape as you walk up to the truck in the summer. Based on that logic it doesn't make much sense to have a remote roll-up feature....although it would be nice for bragging rights.
I concur... when you live south of Hell like I do it is nice to be able to let that steam bath out before you hop in the cab.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
guls said:
the book says that range for the remote is 36-37 ft. but mine works almost twice that distance.
I've gotten mine to work even farther away than that. Like 150 feet. The trick is to hold it to the underside of your chin. And try sticking your tongue straight out. It sounds crazy and you'll look funny but it does work hahaha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts