Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what is the average cost of insurance for everyone. I have been paying over $600 a month since November of last year and have been shopping around. Now the premium is for 2 cars and a home, and in all honesty the premium jumped up over $200 a month last year after I filed a claim for some hail damage on my roof. The cars themselves are about $400 of the premium, but even that seems high. My latest quote has me at about $380-ish a month, which doesn't sound nearly as bad. I figure that would put me at about $140 a month for the Titan. This would be through Allstate. What's your monthly/bi-monthly/yearly rate?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well this is with State Farm for 3 drivers monthly. The "Personal Articles Policy" covers $62K in weapons & ammunition. The "Personal Liability Umbrella" is for $2 million.

2004 NISSAN TITAN PICKUP
2020 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA 4DR
2015 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA 4DR
2015 POLARIS 952 CC ATV
2019 NISSAN TITAN PICKUP
2019 POLARIS 850CC ATV
2020 HUGHS 16FT RAMP TRL UTIL
PERSONAL LIABILITY UMBRELLA POLICY
PERSONAL ARTICLES POLICY
Automatic Payment.
Next Automatic Payment:
$486.78

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do a quote with Geico online. No complaints and been with them for 5 years. I have ATV, Boat, 4 cars and house.
I did have Geico before my current brand and dumped them when I had a rock hauler that was taking a curve too fast dump some of its gravel on my car (brand new car that was about 3 months old no less) as it was coming around on a highway "clover". He had a yield sign and had to slow down but his load shifted and peppered the side of my car with gravel. I grabbed the license plate and filed with Geico. They didn't bother going after the guy and pinned me with the cost. My guess is it was too expensive for them to go after the rock hauler so they just listed the accident as a hit and run. I even had dashcam footage of the incident. They were relatively cheap, but I didn't like how they decided to stick me with the claim because it was more expensive for them to go after the rock hauler.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I pay $1500 a year for 2021 Titan and 2012 Maxima through The Hartford Insurance with an AARP membership. Of course, you have to be over 50.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pay $1500 a year for 2021 Titan and 2012 Maxima through The Hartford Insurance with an AARP membership. Of course, you have to be over 50.
Not bad, about $125 a month. The 2012 liability only or full coverage?

I looked at Allstate which has this "milewise" program, but it's priced per mile, which I hate the idea of it being like cell phone minutes were when cell phones first came out.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Not bad, about $125 a month. The 2012 liability only or full coverage?

I looked at Allstate which has this "milewise" program, but it's priced per mile, which I hate the idea of it being like cell phone minutes were when cell phones first came out.
Full coverage on both.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,229 Posts
I pay 303 a month, geico

2017 titan, full coverage
2016 veloster turbo, full coverage
1999 jeep cherokee, not full coverage but not liability
2017 17' travel trailer, whatever coverage goes on that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Allstate- $140 month in Hawaii

2014 titan- full coverage
2011 quest full coverage
homeowners insurance-lava zone 3

not great, not terrible. The office takes great care of us, or I’d shop.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I hop around to the best rates - currently with Esurance for Titan, Pathfinder, and house. Auto is 635 (per 6 mo).

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and I probably should've asked what deductible you guys are working with. The best I could get is about $1384 for 6 months with 2 cars, but that's with what I consider a high $1000 deductible.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just so happens the monthly detailed statement came in the mail today. State Farm full coverage with $500 deductible 3 adult drivers. See picture for details.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,229 Posts
I forgot to mention that mine is me, my wife, and my college son

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
You’re discussing premiums but what are your coverage limits and your deductibles? There is a direct correlation.

Clint

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You’re discussing premiums but what are your coverage limits and your deductibles? There is a direct correlation.

Clint
Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to get a lot of answers based on the type of policy. The one I'm looking at now is 100K/150K for most of the coverage. Don't need rental nor roadside, have uninsured/underinsured. I figure I'm middle-high as far as coverage goes. I can probably go barebones lien-holder minimum for about $180 a month for both vehicles. I figure anything is better than what my current rate is, $660 a month for 2 cars and a home seems way too bloated. I'm looking forward to ditching that company.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I pay $290 mo with Allstate for full covg on 21' Titan and Liab on 02' Maxima. They have our home too but buried in mtg pmt. I will say this. Best when it comes to claims I my History. Two roofs for hail and 15k wind damage on 17' Titan and they didn't blink an eye. No idea if I'm overpaying

Sam

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have State Farm. I pay $150/ month, which includes both my 2017 Titan Pro-4x ($84/mo) and 2019 Maxima Platinum ($66/mo) full coverage on both, deductibles of $500 collison, $0 comprehensive. Top coverage on rental and roadside assistance too. Many factors apply here though...like credit, claim history, driving record, location...annual mileage...etc.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
107 Posts
With Geico at the moment. I usually switch every two years after my premiums creep up enough to motivate me to look elsewhere. I always grow weary of the commercials claiming to save you money only to find out it's for new customers. Well, I too can be a new customer. Somewhere else.

2019 Titan, 2013 Ford Edge, and Homeowners: $400. $500 deductibles. Full coverage.

Hurricane and flood zones affect the homeowners.

Will people start mentioning other companies besides Geico? I need to see different ads and popups as I surf the net.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I did have Geico before my current brand and dumped them when I had a rock hauler that was taking a curve too fast dump some of its gravel on my car (brand new car that was about 3 months old no less) as it was coming around on a highway "clover". He had a yield sign and had to slow down but his load shifted and peppered the side of my car with gravel. I grabbed the license plate and filed with Geico. They didn't bother going after the guy and pinned me with the cost. My guess is it was too expensive for them to go after the rock hauler so they just listed the accident as a hit and run. I even had dashcam footage of the incident. They were relatively cheap, but I didn't like how they decided to stick me with the claim because it was more expensive for them to go after the rock hauler.
I've hated Geico since I was in college. They gave me an insurance surcharge because my friend's radar detector was in my trunk that they saw when I took the vehicle in for inspection after a windshield replacement. His radar detector, his shoes, his X-Box, and his electric razor were all in my trunk which he had put there because he was packing to transfer to another campus.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Damn, mine is 247 a month... no accidents or tickets, great credit. Full coverage. But when I got my policy I was 25, now I am 26 and it is 2 months from renewal time. I am getting shafted arent I?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts