Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your age bro. It‘ll get better. You’re just falling in the algorithm for risk vs peers of your age group. Best thing is go sit down and see what “discounts” you can get and shop the price.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Damn, mine is 247 a month... no accidents or tickets, great credit. Full coverage. But when I got my policy I was 25, now I am 26 and it is 2 months from renewal time. I am getting shafted arent I?
My new rate is going to save me about $300-$400 a month, in 2 months that would be $600-$800.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Damn, mine is 247 a month... no accidents or tickets, great credit. Full coverage. But when I got my policy I was 25, now I am 26 and it is 2 months from renewal time. I am getting shafted arent I?
Age, coverages, deductibles and location is what determines it.
I just bought my daughter a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited while in a generous mood last month and learned something I never would have thought matters, if you buy a former rental car the insurance companies consider it riskier and the rates are higher so I passed on a beautiful 1 year old one and bought the brand new one and pay less for the insurance now.

Clint

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Call around and see what other guys offer. Tell them what you pay and someone will beat it
It’s like car loans, they can get you lower payments easily, they just extend the term so you’re getting a zero gain in the end.

Clint

Reactions: Thewarriordinghy

·
Registered
191 Posts
Which state you are in also plays a big role in the costs even with identical coverage amounts.
When I moved from Maine to Massachusetts my insurance quote nearly doubled for what was essentially the same coverage. The only difference is Massachusetts has free glass replacement required by law, where Maine does not.
Massachusetts also has alot of old rules. For.example it's not possible to insure 100% online. You must get an actual stamp put on your insurance card by the agent.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,228 Posts
i forgot about that. we have high insurance where i live since we are so close to mexico. people hit you and run across the border to avoid getting in trouble

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
104 Posts
It'll probably drop any way. Once past 25, it drops, and usually significantly for situations as yours. Always shop around. Some have better rates. Always worth looking.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Geico. $124/month, 100k/300k coverage, $500 deds.

Under 30yrs old, over 25 years old, male, clean record.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It’s like car loans, they can get you lower payments easily, they just extend the term so you’re getting a zero gain in the end.

Clint
I don't understand this. I generally get one lump sum, or bi-annual, or annual payments on my insurance. I don't know how they can give you a 6 month policy and then give you 12 months to pay it, as that would mean that you're uninsured for 6 months.

I'm already looking forward to dumping my current carrier Kemper. I think so far Allstate is the cheapest. And I won't go near Geico, State Farm, nor Amica. State Farm cancelled my policy when I was a teenager, and Amica tried to charge me extra because at one point I had sold my car and literally went 3 days without any insurance as I had no vehicle to insure. Not sure how continuous coverage is needed if you don't have anything to cover. Really really hate insurance companies sometimes.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Come to NJ, it’s crazier up here, the house across the street that’s going up is already sold for just under $2,000,000

Clint

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I don't understand this. I generally get one lump sum, or bi-annual, or annual payments on my insurance. I don't know how they can give you a 6 month policy and then give you 12 months to pay it, as that would mean that you're uninsured for 6 months.

I'm already looking forward to dumping my current carrier Kemper. I think so far Allstate is the cheapest. And I won't go near Geico, State Farm, nor Amica. State Farm cancelled my policy when I was a teenager, and Amica tried to charge me extra because at one point I had sold my car and literally went 3 days without any insurance as I had no vehicle to insure. Not sure how continuous coverage is needed if you don't have anything to cover. Really really hate insurance companies sometimes.
Try Plymouth Rock Assurance, not sure if they are in your area. Yes, insurance is crazy high for some people.
I have the same collector policy on my Challenger and no increase in 9 years, I won’t complain.
Hope you find something that’s tolerable.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Come to NJ, it’s crazier up here, the house across the street that’s going up is already sold for just under $2,000,000

Clint
This is what $2,000,000 will get you in Dallas. What's also nice about the area is that it's a little spread out. A former CIO of mine asked me if I wanted to relocate to NYC. On a business trip out there, I was there for a week and the fastest we drove on the highway was 45 MPH. I told the CIO that I'd move there for 3x my salary. I still couldn't see myself living in such a congested area.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts