Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,471 Posts
houses are crazy everywhere. stuff people bought for 500k 5 years ago have been selling for 850k+

my little house and land was 42K 5 years ago and now we can sell for almost 150k with no changes to anything

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
houses are crazy everywhere. stuff people bought for 500k 5 years ago have been selling for 850k+

my little house and land was 42K 5 years ago and now we can sell for almost 150k with no changes to anything
Sigh, that reminds me of a house I was looking at in McKinney. Back in 2001, new build in a new neighborhood, I came close to buying it for $140,000. Now it probably goes for at least $400,000. $150K is probably not a bad price right now. I am actually looking for a few acres and a new build if possible. The only problem is I have a weird requirement. I can do with less than 3 bedrooms for now.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,471 Posts
my parents always send me houses on decent lots that show up in leakey. i keep trying to decide between there and lake mathis. i just don't want to be in the cities where they tax you so much and you see no returns except the city council and people like that getting busted using city credit cards at the strip clubs and for personal cars and phones. that's the problem here in corpus Christi.

but, i have 12 years till have minimum retirement age and 32 years of service so i can get out. too bad my wife still has a lot of years till she can retire.

·
Registered
196 Posts
$840 every 6 months. Currently with Geico but I check every couple years and switch to whoever gives me the best deal at the time. (Usually Geico or Allstate)

4 vehicles. 2020 Titan P4X, 2010 Frontier King Cab, 2010 Ford Crown Victoria "Police Interceptor", 1997 Nissan Pathfinder.

300k/500k bodily injury
100k property dmg liability
10k personal injury
300k/500k un/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
100k un/underinsured motorist property dmg coverage

Above applies to all 4 rigs. 2020 Titan also has comprehensive & collision w/ $500 deductibles each. No comp/coll on the other rigs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To sum it up, State Farm has been the cheapest by far for us every time I have shopped insurance. We currently have a Titan, Focus, Harley, life insurance, an umbrella policy, and renters insurance since we just sold our house. I have my 95 Mustang with Hagerty because it has been modified and is in pristine condition, worth far more than blue book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just curious what is the average cost of insurance for everyone. I have been paying over $600 a month since November of last year and have been shopping around. Now the premium is for 2 cars and a home, and in all honesty the premium jumped up over $200 a month last year after I filed a claim for some hail damage on my roof. The cars themselves are about $400 of the premium, but even that seems high. My latest quote has me at about $380-ish a month, which doesn't sound nearly as bad. I figure that would put me at about $140 a month for the Titan. This would be through Allstate. What's your monthly/bi-monthly/yearly rate?
I pay 100 bucks a month to Esurance for
My 2004 Titan (Full coverage)
My 2007 Ranger (Comprehensive Coverage but No Collision Coverage)
My wife's 2007 PT Cruiser (Full coverage)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious what is the average cost of insurance for everyone. I have been paying over $600 a month since November of last year and have been shopping around. Now the premium is for 2 cars and a home, and in all honesty the premium jumped up over $200 a month last year after I filed a claim for some hail damage on my roof. The cars themselves are about $400 of the premium, but even that seems high. My latest quote has me at about $380-ish a month, which doesn't sound nearly as bad. I figure that would put me at about $140 a month for the Titan. This would be through Allstate. What's your monthly/bi-monthly/yearly rate?
I am paying 175 a month for my 2019 Titan SV 4x4 and 110 a month for my homeowners
State Farm

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Titan Pro4x
27 Posts
State Farm $251 per month with 50/100 full coverage:
2020 Titan Pro4x $98
2014 Pathfinder Platinum $99
2010 Alatma Base S $54

·
Registered
61 Posts
Being older does have some advantages. I remember the high cost when I was under 30 (especially considering what I was driving), and the pain of paying that much. I haven't filed an insurance claim - ever - and my last traffic violation was about 15 years ago (that said, I regularly drive interstate highways at 15+ over the posted limits).

In addition to the Titan, my G37x, my house, and five street legal motorcycles cost me $238 / month total, with State Farm. The bikes are at least half of that: insurance does not offer multi-vehicle discounts for motorcycles. I can selectively drop one or more of them for any time period (such as winter, when I'm not usually riding) and restart the insurance when better weather comes along. Legally, I cannot ride them without insurance.

Twenty years ago, with my two kids leaving their teenage years, both with traffic citations, and me, with a 97 mph ticket in my Dodge Stealth RT/TT, plus 4 other vehicles, we had been "fired" by our insurance company. I was PA Assigned Risk to Allstate, and my insurance costs were outrageous... a subject for a whole 'nother story. Short version: my cost for auto insurance was $300 / month, and PA does not require insurance companies to notify you when you are no longer in the "Assigned Risk" category - most states do. Allstate will never see business from me again. Even my California brother in law, an Allstate agency owner, was unable to help me. Finally, an insurance agent in New Jersey told me that I was getting robbed, and what to do to get out: shop rates with other companies. ...Simple.

Anyway, specific to the Titan:

State Farm
2004 NISSAN TITAN PICKUP - Annual mileage 7,500
VIN 1N6AA06B24N592520 Vehicle use: To work, school, or pleasure
$154.24 / 6 mos

Bodily Injury Coverage:
Limit Per Accident $300,000
Limit Per Person $100,000
Property Damage Coverage
Limit Per Accident $100,000
Medical Payments Coverage Limit $10,000
Comprehensive Coverage Deductible $100