Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheel alignment on my 2010 4x4 Titan with 11K is off, so i take it to get aligned. The Nissan dealership near me tells me that they don't have an alignment machine for the Titan/Armada, but I can go to their sister Chevy dealership. The Chevy dealership tells me that they can't align it to factory specs without a new cam bolt kit. I go ahead and get it done with new parts from the original Nissan dealership that didn't have the alignment machine with the expectation that Nissan would cover the cost of the cam kit under warranty. I figured wrong and had to pay the Chevy dealership for the parts and install. When I call Nissan USA to explain the situation, they tell me "too bad" I should of gotten the alignment done at a Nissan dealership.

I am probably screwed, but I am writing a letter to Nissan USA to ask how a Nissan dealership doesn't have a wheel alignment machine for a product that they sell and warranty. That's customer service for you!!!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The wheel alignment on my 2010 4x4 Titan with 11K is off, so i take it to get aligned. The Nissan dealership near me tells me that they don't have an alignment machine for the Titan/Armada, but I can go to their sister Chevy dealership. The Chevy dealership tells me that they can't align it to factory specs without a new cam bolt kit. I go ahead and get it done with new parts from the original Nissan dealership that didn't have the alignment machine with the expectation that Nissan would cover the cost of the cam kit under warranty. I figured wrong and had to pay the Chevy dealership for the parts and install. When I call Nissan USA to explain the situation, they tell me "too bad" I should of gotten the alignment done at a Nissan dealership.

I am probably screwed, but I am writing a letter to Nissan USA to ask how a Nissan dealership doesn't have a wheel alignment machine for a product that they sell and warranty. That's customer service for you!!!
When I had my 07 SE, the tires wore uneven and looked terrible after 20k despite 2 alignments and driving like grandma. I found out without cam bolts its difficult to get a TRUE alignment. I filed a complaint and at 1st the denied me so I contacted BBB. When they called me back I said a few bolts and install is nothing compared to the lose of business and would be the least they can do as I am out money for tires. They sent me a checkfor $300 to cover the cam bolts and labor at my Nissan dealer. When I traded it in for my 2011 I told the dealer to put them on as part of the deal or I was not buying the truck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
When I put my PRG 2" spacers on the front I went to my dealership to get the alignment. After a while they came out and said they couldn't do it, something about not being able to get the part that mounts to the rim on the stock 17" rims with OEM tires. They sent me to their toyota dealership and they got it done, but dinged up and chipped all 4 of my rims.

I found it a little strange that Nissan couldn't align my T especially since it was an OEM rim/tire. Luckily mine ('05) came with the cambolts already.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If your alignment was just off, and not from any mods or a lift, I'd fight for having it covered under warranty, who determined it was out of alignment?

Most of the newer Titans don't come with adjustable Cam Bolts, that's why they're not under warranty, bolts are around $65. But again, if it was out of alignment I'd presume it would be covered.

I'm not really sure but would presume that would be covered in the owners manual. I'd especially think that Nissan would pick up the tab with only 11k miles just for customer satisfaction if nothing else.

~J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts