Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, just a quick question i keep pondering. Does anyone know why Nissan calls for a positive camber spec for the Titan? I have never seen any vehicle call for anything more than 0.0 before. Thanks

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Positive camber is generally for ride quality and stability. I'd guess Nissan didn't think the Titan needed to be a cornering machine, but rather, needed to ride better. Plenty of sports cars call for slight negative camber as it improves cornering. For the record, I'm on my alignment guy every time about pushing my camber as close to zero as possible, as my tires wear to the outside with the positive camber, no matter what I do in terms of rotation frequency or pattern. Facing that right now with a set of TA KOs where I am almost to the wear bars on the outside and center, but the inside edge is maybe 2-3mm deeper tread before the wear bars. Can't really complain about these tires wearing, though, as I'm at 78k on them and will likely see over 80k before I get down to the wear bars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Those are good tires. What you say makes sense. Im with you though, i think i can sacrifice whatever ride quality gains there is to have to get my tires to wear better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts