Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys just picked up my 1st Titan (08 Pro 4X in white) and I had a few questions about rims and tires.

I am looking to run the Helo Maxx 6 (black) rim (18x9). All the placed that I have looked say that those rims comes with an 18mm offset. I would like to pair those rims up with a 285/65/18 BF Goodrich or Nito Terra Grappler.

The stock rims are 18x8 and the stock tires are 275/70/18. I also plan on putting on Greg’s leveling kit.

#1. Will this rim and tire set up work with the stock clearance and the leveling kit? Ideally, I don’t want to remove the mud flaps or do the pinch weld mod.

#2. Is 18mm to much off set for this set up?

#3. If I put on these aftermarket rims and tires does it make the tire pressure monitoring system obsolete or is there a way to use it with aftermarket rims and tires?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Typo (19x8)? Edit 18x9s
What is your stock rim's offset. It should be embossed on your spare's rim.
Something like 18x8 25 J

On an '04-'07 the stock SE and LE rims are 18x8 with a +25mm offset, and 5.5" backspacing. If the '08 is the same ... then a 18x9 +18mm offset (5.75" backspacing), would be fine with the 285/65/18 tires. The rims will just stick out 3/4" more. The new tire will be about a 1/2" shorter and a little wider.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NorCal 4x4 said:
Typo (19x8)?
What is your stock rim's offset. It should be embossed on your spare's rim.
Something like 18x8 25 J

On an '04-'07 the stock SE and LE rims are 18x8 with a +25mm offset, and 5.5" backspacing. If the '08 is the same ... then a 18x8 +18mm offset (5.25" backspacing), would be fine with the 285/65/18 tires. The rims will just stick out 1/4" more. The new tire will be about a 1/2" shorter and a little wider.
Thanks for catching that. I changed it. Do you think I could clear a 295/65 or 70/18?

:cheers:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your tire sensors are in the valve stems. Just make sure you change those out on to the new rims and everything will work fine.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
:cheers:[/QUOTE]
INFIDEL said:
Thanks for catching that. I changed it. Do you think I could clear a 295/65 or 70/18?

:cheers:
Oh an 18x9 rim means it will stick out 0.75" more if you currently have a 5.5" b.s. Can't really guess without knowing if the stock '08 backspacing is the same as the '04-'07.

For those years, people run the BFG AT KO in a 305/65/18 on stock 18x8 SE/LE wheels with just the PRG level kit, so a 295 would be fine for them. But with an 18x9 with a +18mm offset, they would be safer going with the 275/70/18 or the 285/65/18 ... if they are worried about the pinch weld or flap mods. I think the 295/65/18 would probably be fine for them.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
JGs Tighten said:
Your tire sensors are in the valve stems. Just make sure you change those out on to the new rims and everything will work fine.
Could you please tell me how the tire sensors work if there are no wires?I don't get it.Just curious.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
SKEET said:
Could you please tell me how the tire sensors work if there are no wires?I don't get it.Just curious.
skeet - they are wireless like the remote in your house but they don't use IR the way a tv remote does

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Must be some type of radio signal. I asked a guy at Discount/America's Tire how they know if they are even working, and he had some type of hand held device that he swiped the tires with and said, they were definitely active. When you air down an alarm sounds too, (the first time), and only the light after that. [Until you are back to normal, then it repeats this].

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Norcal you are correct -
the remote from our first remote controlled TV used radio-type frequency's and would work from under blankets and everything - would point the remote at opposite end of the room and still change channels LOL

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Our satellite receiver has an RF remote, and it will even go though walls ... which is cool for when we are watching a monitor in a different room, than the receiver and the main T.V. are in.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
INFIDEL said:
Anyone know if you can use the stock lugnuts with the above aftermarket rim?
only if it does not require a "thin walled" lug nut. The tire rack has comments that alert you that a special lug nut is required - don't know about other sites

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should be okay with your stock lugnut. If you want a cleaner or need a new lugnuts you are looking for 12x1.25 hardware. Although where ever you get your wheels from should provide you with the proper hardware. I know my store always does.

Also if anyone is still having doubts about bolt patterns or offsets for the Nissan Titan here is what you want to look for:

BP: 6x139.7

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts