Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas on my '04 2WD last week at the local Discount tire. I actually worked my way through college in a Ford dealership and had a 2 year degree in auto mech.,, but it's been a long time since I had to worry about this.

Anyway,,, the truck rides nice again now that the shifted belt wranglers are gone,, but I noticed that there is a HUGE amount of weight on all of the tires. My right rear has 5.5 oz on it,, and the friggin' morons actually "stacked" 1.5 oz. on top of the end of a 4 oz. strip of stick on weights. The rest of the tires have 4 or 4.5 oz. each. If I recall correctly from school and what I used to do,, if you're over 2.5 - 3 oz,,,, you should break the bead and rotate the tire about 30% of the rim, reseat and rebalance. That's what I used to do,, and I think I ran into 1 or 2 tires that I ever had a problem with after doing this.

Yes,, I paid for road force/ride match balancing. This is the Discount in Burleson, TX in case anyone is interested.

On top of what I think is too much weight,, they scratched the pe-jeebers out of my rims.

In summary,, 2 questions
1. What's the max. amount of weight that you should see on a tire when it's balanced properly?
2. What is the best recourse to take on the rim issue?? Go to another store? Bust 'em in the head here and hope they don't mess them up even more rotating them??

Thanks,

JB

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Man...Definitely take it back and have the roadforce done again.(if they actually did it to begin with). The amount of weight depends on the tire size. Any full size truck should have no more than 3-4oz. Especially on a new tire. I think you may have gotten a bad tire or two. It happens, I just hope your tire shop will take care of it. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts