Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my T is in the shop right now to have the front wheel bearings replaced.

Honestly I thought the damn wheel was going to just fall off because of all the noise coming out of it. I thought it was only the drivers side but once they got it in and up on the hoist they found play in both. They would not even let me leave with it as they felt it was unsafe.

Luckily I have an extended warranty so the whole job is not costing me anything. While they were at it I had them check my reverse sensors and they have to replace those as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Did they say why they had to replace the sensors?

Mine stopped working and I look for a thread on it. I was able to read the fault code and figured out that the speaker needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did they say why they had to replace the sensors?

Mine stopped working and I look for a thread on it. I was able to read the fault code and figured out that the speaker needed to be replaced.
When I look at the switch it was defaulted as off and would not toggle to on. The tech took me out and showed me that they corode a little on the outside. He said once that happens they start to fail. He also said that his experience is to just replace them all. They had a guy in a few weeks ago and they replaced one by one by one till they had replaced them all. This guy was out of warranty and at $126 CDN a pop plus 15 - 20 minutes labour and then it ended up being the module. Sadly each time it did work just fone for about a week each time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the previous owner put in an aftermarket trailer wiring harness and when he did they cut into one of the sensor wires.

Much to my surprise the dealership still replaced all the sensors and repaired the wiring harness and covered it all under warranty.

As the service advisor said when I asled him how much I owed him for it "you don't see it written anywhere here what the real issue was do you? That's what the warranty is for."

Oh yeah and the wheel bearings are replaced and I'm back in business.

·
Premium Member
58,757 Posts
I can't remember ever hearing about the wheel bearings going out on a Titan before.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I can't remember ever hearing about the wheel bearings going out on a Titan before.
The front ones are integrated and called "hubs". Some people have replaced them, I think maybe people with lifts and heavy tires have the most problems. The rear ones must be replaced to replace the axle seals, so the ones for 2004-2007 stay pretty fresh.

·
Premium Member
58,757 Posts
The front ones are integrated and called "hubs". Some people have replaced them, I think maybe people with lifts and heavy tires have the most problems. The rear ones must be replaced to replace the axle seals, so the ones for 2004-2007 stay pretty fresh.
Good one BAC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts