Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what color do you powder coat your wheels? I have a set of MM 956 in Chrome 18X9 with 325/60/18. I also have a set of stock 17" off road wheels that I want to drop off this week and powder coat. I have a Smoke Titan. Should I go flat black or gloss black or ??? I do have the chrome front and rear bumper along with chrome handles. I don't plan on changing any of the chrome out, sorry chrome haters =-}

·
Registered
358 Posts
Maybe go in between and get them satin black.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
leave the lip chrome and coat the inside gloss black. eh? eh? will compliment the chrome

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just throwing this out there but I have also seen a few smoke titans with color matched wheels

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leave the lip chrome and coat the inside gloss black. eh? eh? will compliment the chrome
I'm leaving the chrome MM 956 alone. I have another set of factory OR wheels 17" with the grey/silver factory finish I wanted to powder coat. So I have two sets. One set chrome and the other powder coated. But that did sound cool to have a chrome lip with black..... I was thinking of going to a flat or matte black, but maybe I go to a high finish black....

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I've thought about powder coating the same color as the truck, smoke gray. Worked with a local shop and we found the exact color as the truck and powder coated my bullbar.. Members that have seen will tell you it matches nearly perfect. The reason I haven't done my stock 18" rims is the cost, 80 bucks per wheel and the fact I need use the truck while they are getting powder coated.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've thought about powder coating the same color as the truck, smoke gray. Worked with a local shop and we found the exact color as the truck and powder coated my bullbar.. Members that have seen will tell you it matches nearly perfect. The reason I haven't done my stock 18" rims is the cost, 80 bucks per wheel and the fact I need use the truck while they are getting powder coated.
Yeah, I'm getting them done for $300.00 and wil take 2 full days. They said something about, sanding & or sand blasting and some kind of chemical bath then they powder coat. I'll see if they can do the smoke gray.....

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
i'm bringing my old gloss black 5 spoke 18s w/ me to the HB meet if you wanna mock fit them to see how you like the gloss?

i personally loved the gloss when i had chrome on my T. i vote for gloss :)

i don't have any graphics software on this computer so maybe someone else can photochop that for you so you can get an idea of what smoke would look like. i think it'll look cleeeeean.

·
Registered
620 Posts
not a bad idea, but you better keep those tires shiny otherwise it might just make the wheels look dirty all the time.. just a thought,
Thats the problem I thought about too. It seems like if they get dirty at all they will just look like extremely dirty OEM wheels. I don't think you can go wrong with any black on a smoke titan. I've seen a few with bedlined wheels that look mean.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So I took a few pics. tonight and let me know what you think. Some pics. of my current set up, my original 5 spoke, and my OR wheels.... Even a pic. of me changing the tires myself.....

Current Set Up

OR Wheels with 315/70/17

Difference in width between my MM and stock OR

Stock 5 spoke that came with the truck

Me changing the tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts