Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am used to hearing steering play. If i have to replace the hubs, is it like it was on my 94 dodge dakota or 79 suburban 4wd? Recently had the Tires and brakes replaced and was told afterward the hub had play in it. They wanted 600 to replace it. Anyone else had issue's? Mine is a 2007 XE King Cab 4x4.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
ya people have hubs go out on their titans. one of mine went out. they cost like 120 or so from the dealer. you can do it yourself. its not to bad.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Jack up the truck at the jack point on the frame near the hub that allegedly has "play", support frame on jacks stand, grab tire at 12 and 6 and try to shake it. You should be able to verify if there is play.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I bought mine om amazon for 170 and paid 40 to install

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oops, mine is a 4x2 ha ha.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Paid $150 to R&R both sides for 4x4. Would have done a DIY but needed the truck ASAP. You're going to need a 36mm axle nut socket and impact wrench to remove the axle nut.

Got my Timken wheel hub for $145 a piece free shipping.

Timken Wheel Hub - Auto Parts Warehouse

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think it is 32 mm = 1.25" IIRC
I think I tried 32mm and it didn't fit. U might be right though. These things are not cheap. Oreilly/checker rents them out.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I think I tried 32mm and it didn't fit. U might be right though. These things are not cheap. Oreilly/checker rents them out.
I paid $10 for 3/4 drive socket and $35 for a 3/4 drive 40" breaker bar + shipping. So yeah, probably $50 to remove one nut. But if the dealer wants $450 for the install, that makes me feel better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I paid $10 for 3/4 drive socket and $35 for a 3/4 drive 40" breaker bar + shipping. So yeah, probably $50 to remove one nut. But if the dealer wants $450 for the install, that makes me feel better.
i say it's a very good investment!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts